As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Best desktop polysynth for Elektron for the money: (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Best desktop polysynth for Elektron for the money:
Re:Best desktop polysynth for Elektron for the money: 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Not mentioned so far:
Waldorf Microwave xt
Emu Command Station

Tough to find, but if the synth gods shine upon you:
Rack Fizmo

I'd probably go Blofeld with the choices.
  The topic has been locked.
speaking of the Yamaha TG33 - does anyone have a Mac editor for it?

And not MIDIQuest which is total shit.

Actually looking for Opcode Galaxy for OS9... yes OS9 !

King Koopa
don't have a lot of experience here, but I do have a blofeld. it is a very, very deep synth, hard to imagine getting more for the money in that respect. that said, the interface is not for everyone (though far better than the tetra), and it still seems to suffer from a bug or two. other annoyances include finicky output levels and lack of MIDI out/thru.
Cappy
RyanA4 wrote:
"What about the Nord Micro Modular?"

I LOVE that thing but I'd hate to be hooked up to my computer all the time (which the Tetra 4 basically requires as well)

Of course you need to use it on a pc at first, because you have to build your synthesizer from ground and then you map it to your controller (BCR2000 example?) after that, you just unplug the unit and have a unique synthesizer
Boo
Maybe Roland xv 5080 ..
Hammer Bro
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
MDSPS-1UW+ MKII Doepfer DARKENERGY Darktime MKS-30 Mbase01 A&H Zed14 Ensoniq DP/4 RNC 1773
teevee wrote:
RyanA4 wrote:
"What about the Nord Micro Modular?"

I LOVE that thing but I'd hate to be hooked up to my computer all the time (which the Tetra 4 basically requires as well)

Of course you need to use it on a pc at first, because you have to build your synthesizer from ground and then you map it to your controller (BCR2000 example?) after that, you just unplug the unit and have a unique synthesizer

Why bring the BCR just set up a midi machine on the MD or however it works onthe OT or MM... Six controls from the Elektron and the 4 from the uMod should suffice...
Chain Chomp
A man's opportunities are never exhausted so long as other men (who are not his friends) possess millions of acres and thousands of tons of gold.
old virus, they are cheap and sound as good or better than the new ones,,,, they can be had for 500
Boo
@NickD: I sold my Ultranova back when I had no idea where I was going with my setup- and I do regret it a bit.

In the long run, I'd probably have ended up replacing it anyway.
Boo
Does anyone have experience with Emu's? Seems pretty deep for such a cheap box. I could buy a command station XL for $245 on Ebay right now. I can also pick up an Emu Mo'Phatt rack for $120 bucks off a guy on CL.

The Waldorf Microwave XT's are WAY out of my price range.

Also, does anyone with a Mac running Lion also have a Nord Micro Modular? I hear you can't use the editing software on Macs anymore.
Cappy
OT, A4, Blofeld
I recommend the Blofeld ....it has a very cool soundengine but needs to be handled with care

less oscillators are more .... the sound covers quite a lot of "room" and tends easily to send other instruments into the back ...

i recently bought the Mininova ..... well not as sharp and clear like the Blofeld, more a synth in the middle and with less pressure
Go to top Post Reply