As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Waldorf Nave (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Waldorf Nave
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Re:Waldorf Nave 10 Years, 11 Months ago
No kidding on iConnect4, man I wish that was out already
  The topic has been locked.
GYS
Game & Watch
Do dumb shit with glow sticks.
www.soundcloud.com/gys
www.virb.com/gys
Hey everyone, total Nave junky here as well, BUT...I'm having weird issues with it and I'm hoping someone can chime in to see if they are as well?

I have an iPad 3 and even when I run Nave totally by itself, I get periodic audio drops and stuttering. It seems random when it happens. For example on a given patch I can hit a couple keys and may get some audio drop outs, but then in the same patch I can mash down like 10 keys and it may play perfectly fine.

Along these lines, playback from the included 4 track also will stutter, even if I just have one track recorded. And it's not recorded stutters, it's the playback itself that is struggling it seems.

Finally, I've noticed Nave has to think for a second or so when I switch to the various parameter pages...not really an issue, but it definitely seems like it's taxing my iPad more than it should?

So my question...any other iPad 3 users out there experiencing issues? Are there iPad 2 users that are running totally fine?

I've rebooted the iPad a few times and have also uninstalled/reinstalled Nave, but the problem persists. It's not to the point where the app is unusable, but it's definitely not stable enough for me to use confidently in a live or recording session.
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Heard a few people having the page switching issue on earlier iPads. There's a tiny delay on my iPad 4, but it's not as bad as some people are reporting. here's a good place to ask for more info:

http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/1275/waldorf-nave-your-first-impressions/p1
GYS
Game & Watch
www.soundcloud.com/gys
www.virb.com/gys
Tarekith wrote:
Heard a few people having the page switching issue on earlier iPads. There's a tiny delay on my iPad 4, but it's not as bad as some people are reporting. here's a good place to ask for more info:

http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/1275/waldorf-nave-your-first-impressions/p1

Thanks, Tarekith! Read through a lot of the posts and some make mention of some clipping issues in the app. I wonder now if that's what I'm experiencing...kind of doubt it though as I'm hearing thing in plenty of presets and I haven't messed with any volume controls or anything within the app.

I also noticed an iPad 2 user saying how they couldn't believe this amazing synth worked on their version, though it seems they were just getting into it...

FWIW, I wrote to Waldorf support and asked if they had any insight. I really hope I can get it resolved because it has the capacity to be a key piece of kit in my studio!
King Koopa
Mine lags a bit between parameter pages as well. Ipad2. I haven't experienced any audio drops though. Everything else seems fine to me.
GYS
Game & Watch
www.soundcloud.com/gys
www.virb.com/gys
Ihatederekreed wrote:
Mine lags a bit between parameter pages as well. Ipad2. I haven't experienced any audio drops though. Everything else seems fine to me.

That's what I was afraid of. I haven't read a single complaint along the lines of what I'm experiencing. My iPad is pretty bare...definitely not clogged with a shit ton of content or apps. I'm thinking of doing a factory reset as a last resort.

Glad it's working well for you on an iPad 2 though. I should test it out on my wife's iPad 2.
King Koopa
GYS wrote:
Hey everyone, total Nave junky here as well, BUT...I'm having weird issues with it and I'm hoping someone can chime in to see if they are as well?

I have an iPad 3 and even when I run Nave totally by itself, I get periodic audio drops and stuttering. It seems random when it happens. For example on a given patch I can hit a couple keys and may get some audio drop outs, but then in the same patch I can mash down like 10 keys and it may play perfectly fine.

Along these lines, playback from the included 4 track also will stutter, even if I just have one track recorded. And it's not recorded stutters, it's the playback itself that is struggling it seems.

Finally, I've noticed Nave has to think for a second or so when I switch to the various parameter pages...not really an issue, but it definitely seems like it's taxing my iPad more than it should?

So my question...any other iPad 3 users out there experiencing issues? Are there iPad 2 users that are running totally fine?

I've rebooted the iPad a few times and have also uninstalled/reinstalled Nave, but the problem persists. It's not to the point where the app is unusable, but it's definitely not stable enough for me to use confidently in a live or recording session.

I am having exactly the same problems. iPad 3
GYS
Game & Watch
www.soundcloud.com/gys
www.virb.com/gys
sovietpop wrote:
GYS wrote:

I am having exactly the same problems. iPad 3

Ok, that's good to know! I wrote Waldorf support earlier today...you should do the same. Really frustrating, but maybe they can patch it. I was beginning to fear my iPad was shitting the bed.
Admin
Tarekith wrote:
You can only edit it full screen with no keyboard, so it's limited use when playing. I like it, don't get me wrong, used it all morning. Just wish the UI was a little more touch friendly in places. Being able to modulate x and y with the blades is pretty cool.

the interface is obtuse as hell on the wavetable designing but once I started experimenting with it I started to get it...and it's pretty fun!

agreed on the blades -- that's how i've been playing it 90% of the time (for the modulation but also b/c I can't tell what octave i'm on with the piano/keys!)

PS your ipad music set up is excellent
Admin
Thanks, if a bit overkill huh?
Go to top Post Reply