As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Vermona Spring Reverbs? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Vermona Spring Reverbs?
Cappy
Vermona Spring Reverbs? 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Anyone had any experience with either the VSR-3 vintage spring reverb or the retroverb lancet?
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
Re:Vermona Spring Reverbs? 10 Years, 11 Months ago
I have the old Retroverb and it is excellent. It sounds a bit darker than other spring units but can be driven quite well and one can compensate by cranking up the treble. I love the looping envelope and the filter is very nice sounding.
Boo
I've been experimenting with the Retroverb lancet as a filter on the A4 and it sounds sweet! Tried bass and chord stabs controlling it via the A4 CV (gate or values), made the A4 sound fat. It is the first spring reverb i have used so cant provide an informed opinion, but wouldn't go for the lancet if you're mainly after spring reverb. It's basically the filter lancet with a shorter than normal spring reverb added. It has a control on the back to change the reverb length or something but I havent tried that yet.
Goomba
VS3 has a richer sound than Retroverb, but you don't get the filter functionality...
If you are principally after the reverb sound, go for VS3.
Someone on Gearslutz did a comparison - worth searching out.
I have the Retroverb.
Cappy
Thank you guys for your feedback, appreciated!
Boo
Btw. recently Vermona posted a picture of a stereo VS3 with some changes to the signal path. But I have no clue when and if the unit comes out...
Boo
Have the Retroverb Lancet here, have to say that the spring reverb is just the cherry on the cake it does a lot more, very handy when you need some quality filter + reverb or when you want to do drones with resonace up and some lfo chancing the filter.
The trig in is also usefull! It keeps a while to understand his possibilities but it's a fun piece of gear!
This guy has a few nice Retroverb Lancet demos on his SC page. Definitely made me interested in owning one!

https://soundcloud.com/matttech-offcuts
Go to top Post Reply