As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear CV/GATE to MIDI Conversion: Octatrack/SH-101/Kenton Pro Solo (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: CV/GATE to MIDI Conversion: Octatrack/SH-101/Kenton Pro Solo
Goomba
CV/GATE to MIDI Conversion: Octatrack/SH-101/Kenton Pro Solo 10 Years, 11 Months ago
I'm waiting for a Kenton Pro Solo MKII to arrive to convert the CV/Gate of my SH-101 to MIDI, so my Octatrack sequencer plays master. This will be the first time I've worked with CV/Gate to MIDI conversion. Any suggestions, tips and setup ideas?

Thanks.
  The topic has been locked.
Re:CV/GATE to MIDI Conversion: Octatrack/SH-101/Kenton Pro Solo 10 Years, 11 Months ago
kenton pro solo converts midi to CV... not the other way around.

set up is pretty straight forward.

midi out of OT -> kenton pro solo CV/gate out -> sh-101
Goomba
Re:CV/GATE to MIDI Conversion: Octatrack/SH-101/Kenton Pro Solo 10 Years, 11 Months ago
ignatius wrote:
kenton pro solo converts midi to CV... not the other way around.

set up is pretty straight forward.

midi out of OT -> kenton pro solo CV/gate out -> sh-101

This I already know. I'm more curious about the capabilities and limitations I'll have with my Octatrack sequencing my SH-101. And any advice on what Kenton settings will give the best performance.

My Kenton Pro Solo just arrived, so it's know just a matter of trial and error.
kenton settings?

there aren't many options. it converts midi to CV and that's that. i think the pro solo has an LFO though right? and an aux output? so if you have something else to plug that aux input into.. modulation or something.. that'll be fun.

as for the OT... it's just a matter of setting midi channels... dialing in the note length and rocking out. it'll be fun for sure. pretty uncomplicated too.
you get portamento to i think.. and maybe legato mode. it'll be pretty self explanatory once you get it set up
Go to top Post Reply