As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge List of mistakes live on stage - share yours please! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: List of mistakes live on stage - share yours please!
Boo
0ctatrack,Analog Four, Machinedrum mkII, Nord Electro 3,
http://soundcloud.com/spektahgadjo
List of mistakes live on stage - share yours please! 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Hey folks!

Thought it would be good to share this, and feel free to share yours
"horrible live moments"

1 Accidentally transposing a track, and not knowing where its coming from
two minutes of discordant melodies, can they really belive i meant do do that?!

2 Similarly on the OT accidently changing the pitch parameter instead of another one,
= horrible melodies

3 Midi problems, midi feedback due to a dodgy cable, = a big mess

4 accidentally changing to the wrong pattern, which has already been played
Rewind!

5 Oh - power cut, they thought we did it on purpose - Rewind selecta again!

6 Forgetting the lyrics

7 Forgetting the lyrics, - damn those free drinks!

Well thats about it for now, but surely many more to come
Hope im not the only one!
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
MDSPS-1UW+ MKII Doepfer DARKENERGY Darktime MKS-30 Mbase01 A&H Zed14 Ensoniq DP/4 RNC 1773
Re:List of mistakes live on stage - share yours please! 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Power supply for Machinedrum dies half way thru set... Pretty much ends the show as it was the main sequencer...
In my experience... the only mistake you can do is to admidt or show that you've done a mistake..

That said I'm always making sure my gear is high enough so I don't have to bend too far, that will kill you to work your elektrons at a 75 degree angle for an hour.
Cappy
At a gig last summer, turned the feedback up on a delay in Ableton Live...and the computer decided to freeze up, which quickly turned the resulting sound into an increasing wall of noise that I could only stop by quickly closing the laptop and unplugging the sound card. Fortunately, it was an experimental improv gig, and there was a performance artist who was working his act around our music, and his act peaked around the same time, so everyone thought it was more a part of the performance and it wasnt as embarassing as it could have been.

The best/worst I've seen was a number of years ago with the group Imperative Reaction. Apparently, they were running everything except guitar and a dry vocal line through the laptop, which had the power pulled out halfway through the second song. All the lights, music, everything gone for a solid ten minues while they tried to figure out what happened, in front of about 1,000 people.

Two reasons not to rely on a laptop for a gig there, eh? Hardware only from now on.
Game & Watch
worst ever (2007) : I forgot the MD´s power supply adapter and plugged the original 110v power supply into the 220v line...display turned on, full of alien graphics and weird lettering...also all leds on full bright...PANIC! I disconnected it, cursing the heaven, the club owner´s mother, Edison´s mother, Elektron employees´ mothers and my own.

then I found the adapter, plugged it again, switched it on...the display still showed some glitchy graphics but less than the previous time...the cursing continued...I left it alone for 5 minutes, while collecting the 2 litres of adrenaline I was sweating for donate it to the cardiovascular reanimation unit of a near hospita...so I turned it on again and......it worked!
Boo
The end of the world has been delayed.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Unrelated, I went to a tiny hip art gallery and out the back facing the alleyway heard a great duo with analog synths. This incredible drone and cool bloops and bleeps. Then they turned off their gear and I realised the incredible drone was the air conditioner!

B
SecondChance wrote:
Unrelated, I went to a tiny hip art gallery and out the back facing the alleyway heard a great duo with analog synths. This incredible drone and cool bloops and bleeps. Then they turned off their gear and I realised the incredible drone was the air conditioner!

B

Now that is funny
Killer Beez
I can be at home @ 2 am after pounding beers all night, wire up my setup from scratch and have it work flawlessly the first try, but bring it to a gig in a box all pre wired and being totally sober, guaranteed I'm going to be last minute troubleshooting why my midi sync is lost or no audio from this or that or the output is super quiet or something won't power on. Murphy's law I guess.. Definately wise to bring a couple tracks on an mp3 player just in case..
sorry, a little off track..
Boo
Played live with lots of equipment. Forgot to use one piece of equipment. Had a member of the audience point it out to me after the show, "You didn't use that one!".
Chain Chomp
Interesting Rhythmic Devices That Seem To Counterpoint The Surrealism Of The Underlying Metaphor. DA RIP
12 piece band I was working with where the keyboard player also ran an HD24 with backing vocals etc.
The looks on everyone's faces when material recorded at 44.1K were played back at 48K - PRICELESS
Go to top Post Reply