As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Raw, saturated and driven? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Raw, saturated and driven?
tIB
Boo
Re:Raw, saturated and driven? 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Another dirty thing I picked up recently was an old roland pa60. 6 channel mixer with spring reverb, sounds great driven, drives easily and the spring reverb is a nice touch. Mono though... But pretty!

Untitled by sonofprent, on Flickr
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
Thanks for the tip on Overstayer compressors. Do they have European distribution?

Regarding Mackie mixers, the CR1602's can be hade dirt cheap. It's easy to get a classic 90s electronic music overdriven sound with them.
tIB wrote:
Another dirty thing I picked up recently was an old roland pa60. 6 channel mixer with spring reverb, sounds great driven, drives easily and the spring reverb is a nice touch.
Wow, this looks amazing!!!
Chain Chomp
Re:Raw, saturated and driven? 10 Years, 10 Months ago
tIB wrote:
Very well; I've not had much time in the studio since it arrived so have net pushed the distortion side of things too much. I love what it does to a whole mix though on the master bus- has a magic box vibe where what goes in comes out sounding tighter and more together. Very cool indeed. Will have a go at driving it today if it get chance.

Any chance you could post up a demo? I sent some demos to Neil but there wasn't anytime to run them through the box.

Cheers!
Chain Chomp
MD uw
Octatrack
Monomachine mkII +Drive
I love driven-to-saturated things...

I would love to have the Iotine Core or that VCA from NIIO or the Fucifier http://evolaudio.com/

Something cheap that let me start to love the MD through saturation is the ElectroHarmonix Germanium OD
Boo
If you want to send me some stuff I can do a little lpb-2ube demo.

I love it for saturating drum mix and bass synth, but I've been meaning to try some whole mixes.

pm me with a link or somethin'
Hammer Bro
I bought an Electro-Harmonix LPB 2ube to drive my machinedrum. It's better than I thought. I also tried it on the metasonix D-1000 and I was pleased (and surprised) by what I got from it. Very nice box. Thanks for the suggestion!
I'm glad you like it
tIB
Boo
flabby wrote:
tIB wrote:
Very well; I've not had much time in the studio since it arrived so have net pushed the distortion side of things too much. I love what it does to a whole mix though on the master bus- has a magic box vibe where what goes in comes out sounding tighter and more together. Very cool indeed. Will have a go at driving it today if it get chance.

Any chance you could post up a demo? I sent some demos to Neil but there wasn't anytime to run them through the box.

Cheers!

I nabbed it before he had chance! Let me know what you're after and ill try to get someone done. I still haven't taken it off the master bus yet, love it for that purpose. I've got some other bits that do dirty too so will try and do something that compares all of them.
Chain Chomp
tIB wrote:
flabby wrote:
tIB wrote:

Cheers!

I nabbed it before he had chance! Let me know what you're after and ill try to get someone done. I still haven't taken it off the master bus yet, love it for that purpose. I've got some other bits that do dirty too so will try and do something that compares all of them.

That would be great! I've sent you a PM.

I've also sent one to Wolfgang, thanks for the offer!

PMs working again?
Go to top Post Reply