As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Which daw or soft are you using? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Which daw or soft are you using?
Re:Which daw or soft are you using? 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Try reasoning with Cain and Abelton.
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Has anyone checked out bitwig yet ? Curious as to how close to live it is
Boo
Glitchedout wrote:

I'm also thirsting for Bitwig news. I run Linux as my primary OS and I'm feeling a dearth of DAW options. If Bitwig is a solid DAW I would have no reason to ever use windows again.

I love all the Linux audio utilities and the utility stuff you can do with sox and ffmpeg from the command line in terms of converting and merging/splitting audio.

I'm going to give Ardour a second try but I just feel like no one cares about me out here in Linux land! My needs are unmet!!
Cappy
Live 9 here as well

I also have Reason 6.5 and Cakewalk 8 Producer Edition but nothing beats Live 9 for getting my creative juices flowing.
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
TheKM wrote:
Glitchedout wrote:

I'm also thirsting for Bitwig news. I run Linux as my primary OS and I'm feeling a dearth of DAW options. If Bitwig is a solid DAW I would have no reason to ever use windows again.

I love all the Linux audio utilities and the utility stuff you can do with sox and ffmpeg from the command line in terms of converting and merging/splitting audio.

I'm going to give Ardour a second try but I just feel like no one cares about me out here in Linux land! My needs are unmet!!

Traktion just announced Linux support, the new version looks pretty interesting I think.
Goomba
Hey, new MnM user here.

Ableton Live 9 is my main DAW. I've had pretty good luck syncing the DSI Tempest to Live, so I'm sure that the MnM will work well when similarly synced.

II also use Reaper for some things, but... getting the sync right seems to be a bit tricky with that.

Looking forward to seeing what the MnM can do (along with the Tempest).
Game & Watch
Sony Acid Pro 6.0d
Sony Sound Forge 9
Sony CD Architect
Some Waves plugins (SSL4000, IR-1 reverb, API)
that´s it...
Hero of Winds
KIKOSHO FASHO
Only software I use is Logic Pro 9 and it's typically just used as a bad ass recorder.
Can't figure out Live to save my gramma's life.
Pro Tools is insanely uninspiring to me after using it for a year straight at school... /wrists

Any time the software instruments are used I am sampling them into the MPC or OP-1, and keep it like that for sake of simplicity. No MIDI sequencing needed.

Everything I've been doing lately has been recorded to tape so I'm now finding out a whole new workflow between digital editing and analogue recording. Pretty fun thus far.
Chain Chomp
i tend to experiement all kinds of different ways outside of the computer. it all ends up in the beautiful renoise for final arrangement and mix. sunvox on the ipad has been getting tons of action, but it's just short a couple of features to make it an all-in-one daw for me. but the dev puts out updates at a break-neck pace so it shouldn't be long. i was skeptical about a tracker on the ipad, but it really is well thought-out and most importantly uncomplicated and fun.
King Koopa
Octatrack
Nord Micro Modular
Shruthi-1
TX81Z
MPC1000
I just use Reaper as a glorified tape recorder and I agree that it sucks for syncing.

Renoise is rock-solid but is annoying for recording anything other than loops. I don't use it as much as I used to but it's a handy wave editor . Too bad the OT doesn't like its file format. :|
Go to top Post Reply