As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox Machinedrum UW 606 Collab for S2S and Beatport Sounds promo (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Machinedrum UW 606 Collab for S2S and Beatport Sounds promo
Goomba
Machinedrum UW 606 Collab for S2S and Beatport Sounds promo 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Sup guys, Obscure Machines is about to release a free 606 pack when we premier on S2S and Beatport Sounds. Super stoked about all of that. The pack is tiny and needed some beefing up. I made around 32 loops sequenced in my MD UW, and was thinking that it would be cool to get some of you guys on board.

What you need to do and what's in it for you:
If you want in, just DL the 606 samples included on this post, and sequence 10 1-4 bar loops in your Machinedrum UW only. No restrictions on tempo or MD processing. Just use only the MD UW, the on board effects and processing, and the sounds provided. No other effects processing, strictly MD.

Get your loops in 16-bit 44.1 WAV format and truncate (trim) them down. Label each loop your artist name/OM 606/-loop #. So if my artist name is Everfly it would say Everfly OM 606-1. Zip it up and email your pack to obscuremachines@gmail.com. Include your artist name in the email and a single link to your main web page to be included in the PDF insert that goes with the sample pack. If selected we'll email you a copyright release form, and your loops will be distributed to the masses during the promo.

As I understand it the promo will be free so no money will be made from the 606 pack. If it is going to be sold, then we would revisit contracts. However, I don't anticipate this, and would rather avoid all of the legal hassles.

I just thought it would be a cool way to get fellow Machinedrummers involved and get some exposure along the way. I had a blast making the loops as it was my first sampling project on the MD. Love the 12-bit grit and the interesting sounds that come out of MD. I want as many people involved as possible, but don't anticipate more than 10. If more submit, then we'll just pick like the best 5 loops from each person or something like that. I'm going to request Tarekith, Jim Stout, and Dataline to join. Would love to have you guys on flight MD606.

Deadline for submission is this Wednesday, May 22 11:59 PM US CST.

First post, hopefully everything cool with the mods. Message me if not. Cheers guys!

606 Samples: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5yeIopHmcWsTXRQN0JhVXFHUVk/edit?usp=sharing
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
Re:Machinedrum UW 606 Collab for S2S and Beatport sounds promo 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Interesting! I'll do it!
Goomba
Re:Machinedrum UW 606 Collab for S2S and Beatport sounds promo 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Awesome! Love your enthusiasm!
Goomba
Re:Machinedrum UW 606 Collab for S2S and Beatport Sounds promo 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Submissions are now closed. More opportunities to come in the near future.

Thank you DJ Dubathonic, and DJ Catabolic for participating in the project!
Go to top Post Reply