As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: MD bricked
Goomba
Re:MD bricked 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Elektron actually suggested my local repairer in the first instance. As I am in Australia I can see the logic in that, however ultimately it has just ended up costing me more.
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Re:MD bricked 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Man, all best wishes for your MD on its way to sweden. As this is the first time i heard about such a bad experience with an elektron product, i would bet they will make you a way better offer. Seriously, it might be the local vendor who wanted to rip you off. There are several big musicshops in germany i know who just want to rip you off whenever they can. Im pretty sure handling this case with elektron directly will be the best way.
Goomba
Re:MD bricked 10 Years, 10 Months ago
Small update: the MD has made its way safely home to HQ and was confirmed received on 07/06/2013.

Currently I'm waiting to hear what the damage is but considering this saga began on 29/01/2013 (with the local repairer) progress is welcomed

Meanwhile it is forcing me to make percussion in other ways
Cappy
www.soundcloud.com/kotare
MD UW, A4, Monomachine MK I, Yamaha CS-50, Chroma Polaris, SH-1000, EPS, ESQ-1, ASR10, MBase01, SP-404sx + 808
Elektron's distribution in Australia is seriously f**ked up. You can't order direct from the website and your local costs to buy Elektron products are the highest in the world.

Mind you, I am moving to Melbourne next month...
Cappy
KOTARE wrote:
Elektron's distribution in Australia is seriously f**ked up. You can't order direct from the website and your local costs to buy Elektron products are the highest in the world.

Mind you, I am moving to Melbourne next month...

It's always worth giving Awave a call to see if they can do a better price than the one advertised on the site. This won't work for pre-orders, but gear that's been out a while stands a good chance.

Peace,
Andy.
Goomba
Re:MD bricked 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Hey all, I just wanted to bring some closure to this thread before I move over to Elektronauts.

The MD has been repaired by HQ and is safely back home. In the end it cost me approximately a third of what the local repairer wanted! The unit needed a new CPU board due to the memory being corrupted (no idea what the cause was).

This experience has confirmed that HQ rocks but has also made me very hesitant to buy secondhand.

Thanks for all the responses and support! See you on the new forum.
Go to top Post Reply