As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: MD bricked
Boo
Re:MD bricked 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Obviously Elektron is still a kick ass company that creates kick ass machines but they do emphasise their quality and support in every way they can. I mean look at this picture on their website as an example.

This situation doesn't really reflect what they claim. If a machine suddenly dies in a normal environment something has gone wrong. They should just replace the machine without further questions in my opinion.

These things can happen and as a company your name will only improve if you have no further discussion and just replace the unit.
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
pritee_piksuhl wrote:
Hey Poonti, yeah $1400 was a shock but here is the breakdown:

main board $573.85
plus drive $452.69
+ shipping of parts
+ labour
= classy brick

Isn't the +drive upgrade $390 inc shipping and fitting? Seems strange that you've been quoted that much more.
i'm just gonna call bullshit on the $1400 repair price.

it seems likely that elektron has a refurbished unit or various parts from warranty repairs around and can do a repair for way less.

they should stand behind their product
we should dump all this on their FB page and ask WTF "come at me bro" lols..

but srsly.. seems shitty if they are skirting the warranty here.. and also is just shitty they aren't going a bit above and beyond for a machine that was bricked seemingly in a random circumstance. you'd think they'd be like "wtf.. that's weird.. send us that and let us look at it. we'll sort you out"

i had a motu 828 MKII that shit the bed and it was a year passed warranty and MOTU said "ship it to us and for $50 we'll fix it and ship it back to you".

elektron should do that here i think.
Cappy
I bought a MD MK II UW+ on ebay last year. It was a second hand unit which I transfed the warranty when I bought it with the original owner. He had to contact elektron to confirm that he sold the unit to me. The unit started to froze for no reason in february so I contact elektron. The unit have done a trip from Canada to the states where it has been repaired, the logic board was the problem. I had to pay the shipping and some customs (around 80$) cause it was returned by UPS carrier. If I can count right MD MKII UW+'s have been built in the last three years so they are likely to be under warranty anyway. Have you ask elektron how much warranty is remaining for the serial of this MD / when the original owner registered it?

I wish you'll sort it out.

In the end the Facebook page spread might be a good idea, unfortunately, I've deleted my account last year for time saving purposes.

Sorry for my english.
Goomba
Hey all,

Yes the price I was quoted seems very strange, but I have the invoice and will still have to pay $165 AUD just to have the MD inspected!

I have requested the manufacture date from Elektron and will try to ship the unit back to Sweden to be looked at. No response yet.

Thank you for all of the support, hopefully a 'how should I dispose of my MachineDrum' thread never eventuates, but I will run a poll if it does lol.
Yoshi
Geez, a brand new unit is only $1539 and I'm sure you can snap up a second hand unit for around $1000. Why bother?
Cappy
Just for environnemental purposes this piece of metal should be restored for less than it costs for a good a shape second hand one. Labor time, c'mon Elektron. The logic board is one piece and the drive is plugged somwhere in the box. It's not about constructing a Shruthi!!!

Hope it'll get fix for what it should worth.
Kong
mr. applehead
if you cant get a break on the warranty, maybe just buy the mainboard.. ??
if you're in Aust i'll fit it for u for $50 ive been inside the MD plenty of times.
or.. just part it out, sell it for spares and put that money towards another used timebomb!
either way, goodluck to you with this saga!
any news here? wondering if this has been resolved?????
Go to top Post Reply