As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: MD bricked
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Re:MD bricked 11 Years ago
Bummer man, that sucks. I had the same thing happen to a Pod X3 last year, the cost to fix it was 3 times what I paid for it new!
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
MD UW+, OT, MnM UW+
dubathonic releases
fb
pritee_piksuhl wrote:
Thanks for the support Acidfever but as the unit was bought secondhand it is out of warranty. Maybe I was unclear, I meant to say that the condition was like new when I bought it.

Hmm, that doesn't make sense to me. I've always been under the impression that Elektron warranties are 100% transferrable to new owners ... it's the age of the device alone that matters. I'd contact the seller and get the original receipt, then definitely get in touch with Elektron on this one.
Elektron warranties are 100% transferrable to new owners ... it's the age of the device alone that matters. I'd contact the seller and get the original receipt, then definitely get in touch with Elektron on this one.

This is true. What mattters is whether or not the unit is more than 3 years old. And whether or not you have the original receipt.

But maybe it is older than 3 years..?
yeah.. thing is in warranty... elektron should be standing behind their warranty and fixing your MD.

it's outrageous if they do not. really.
Goomba
Hi all,
Just an update, I believe that the unit is genuinely out of warranty but I have contacted HQ again to confirm and see if there are any other options. Maybe the MD needs a Swedish holiday.
Cheers.
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
$1400!! really? I was effing pissed when I had to spend $400 on my fried MD (non-+drive)...but $1400 is almost like a bad joke, no? For all it's worth, they may have just as well quoted you (with a Doctor Evil pinky in the mouth) "one million dollers"
Boo
Even if the warranty period is over: This is a special situation where your MD died suddently outside of your capacity to prevent this.

This is obviously a special situation and Elektron should consider compensation and creating a "special" price. The parts will not cost them as much as they charge you for it and they could easily make the repair price more acceptable.

This is how a company loses customers in the long run. Fitting a new engine into a car doesn't cost the price of a new car does it?
Goomba
Naturally I agree Acidfever. The MD was just playing along with the OT whilst racked up in one of Watson's EIT-1s before it died, not exactly a stressfull situation.

Overall I don't want this experience to change my view of the three other Elektrons in my possession ... and my now expanding collection of TM-1s. I'll keep pushing this with HQ.
Goomba
Hey Poonti, yeah $1400 was a shock but here is the breakdown:

main board $573.85
plus drive $452.69
+ shipping of parts
+ labour
= classy brick
there's a MD UW MKII on muffwiggler for $850 with pro modular side panels.

seems stupid elektron can't sort you out in some way.. some kind of consideration???
Go to top Post Reply