As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Help with playback - set up/maximising the channels (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Help with playback - set up/maximising the channels
Goomba
Help with playback - set up/maximising the channels 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Hi,
I recently purchased an octatrack and I am very pleased. The set up- Octatrack, Access Virus TI2 Synth keyboard, also; Novation Mininova.

1.g to set up both of my synths, using the midi out- to the midi in, or the Virus synth, I then have the thru of the virus sent to the 'in' of the mininova syth.

ISSUES- When I daisy chain the two synths, I find that the mininova synth will start to follow the patterns of the main synth. It will play its own patterns that are trigged for it, but as soon as I turn on the other trigs, the mininova starts to play the other patterns also.

I want the Virus to play a numbr of patterns- usually 3-4 (as it is multi timbral) so I set up the mininova synth on a different midi channel which corresponds with the channel onthe octatrck, but this doesn't seem to matter?

2; In my band, we have a live drummer. I want to cue out an audio 'click track' for the drummer keep in time. I can get the cue out to work just fine, and he can hear this from his mini headphone amp... BUT- the click also plays back through the master channel. I only want the drummer to hear the click track.

3. We have a number of tunes, and these are all played via synths, midi. I am only using audio for some basic stuff, as I want to have full control of the sounds and make the best possible. At the moment, I only have 8 trigs for midi, for each project. If I close a project to open the next one, this stops playback, and I would really like to keep the tunes going through, so that our tunes are not stop/start, would like to be able to just have a subtle sound in background so that I can (kind of) mix into the next tune.

The genre of music is dance/hip hop and so stopping a tune completely to then have to start of a new one is not ideal. I could probaly get two songs out of one project- using 4 trigs/patterns for each tune...

If anyone could help me with my issues I would be sooooo grateful
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re:Help with playback - set up/maximising the channels 10 Years, 11 Months ago
1. The virus has a setting for Thru to be used as an out. Check that. I use a thru box. Much easier to set up. http://www.midisolutions.com/prodqth.htm Check the Octatrack midi settings otherwise(check the manual too). It could be global midi channels on the nova, or just those settings. In short, this will require trial and error and patience on your part. Change one thing, test, change another, test.

2. I think the click can be sent to Cue out.

3. Not sure about this. You could use Scenes and Parts in place of switching programs. Most likely look into parts. You only get four. Scenes might allow you to extend them, virtually.
  The topic has been locked.
Go to top Post Reply