As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox a4 - how create c64 drum kits ? i pay (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: a4 - how create c64 drum kits ? i pay
King Koopa
Re:a4 - how create c64 drum kits ? i pay 10 Years, 10 Months ago
Jonah is on the right track...

does the A4 have the user-defined LFOs that the Octatrack does? that might be perfect if routed to waveform selection. if not, i guess you might be able to approximate it somewhat.

sixto wrote:
... Its hard to understand how its possible that a modern machine like a4 can´t create a simple C64 SID snare . Its very curious . Have you think about it ?. Im not talking about make a hypersaw sound , im talking about a "simple" SID ...

that's the thing - the C64 snare isn't so simple, if you look at how it's done (or try comparing it to a basic noise/osc "analog snare"). the "c64 snare" is actually a number of different sounds (usually four or five 'steps' in the 'wavetable'?) played back very quickly to sound like a single hit. similar to the way that very fast C64 arpeggios are used to simulate chords.
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
jbuonacc wrote:
Jonah is on the right track...

does the A4 have the user-defined LFOs that the Octatrack does? that might be perfect if routed to waveform selection. if not, i guess you might be able to approximate it somewhat.
no LFO designer. You have to use another LFO or envelope to modify the first's depth, speed, multiplier (up to 2000x), phase, or fade!

I should try turbo MIDI from the Octatrack to the a4's CCs , otherwise I doubt there's the bandwidth. Too bad that doesn't work USB to USB.
King Koopa
awesome, that should work pretty well!

any audio of the A4 doing this sort of thing?
Cappy
Wow. Its amazing. Please can ypu sharw your kit or sounds? These drums and snares are done with the analog four or did you use another synts?
There's a bit of post-recording EQ and compression but otherwise it's all Analog4. Just a few patterns chained together in Song mode and I played the synth lead (MIDI keyboard connected to the A4) live.
Cappy
Very nice. If you have the sounds or kit let me know it bro.
@sixto: check your email
Cappy
Hi man . My email ? my mail : sixtonio@hotmail.com did you send me something ? i can´t see nothing from you . im checking the inbox.

I did a c64 tracks 3 days ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRLnsBR9Otk&feature=youtu.be
King Koopa
Neil that is awesome!
Go to top Post Reply