As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Video: Machinedrum Morphor V1.1 (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Video: Machinedrum Morphor V1.1
Chain Chomp
Re:Video: Machinedrum Morphor V1.1 11 Years ago
Yes, you don't need midibridge unless you want to do some fancy midi routing.
It lets you do great things like merge midi signals, split them, turn off specific CCs or clocks, etc..

I emailed the developer before I purchased the app to ask if it worked for what I needed and they responded back super quick. I'd recommend you do the same (if you need the app).

We should work on making a massive quadrinity template for the community
I've got an OT one that's relatively ready to go. It's live performance focused but I can change it to be studio focused.

(NB: The Liine Lemur forum is a great place too. A lot of super helpful people!)
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
MK7 wrote:

regarding mono: basically it just needs different cc mappings in the global input/output scripts and different titles on the sliders. ok and the mono has more pages and less tracks, so it needs a modified layout.

Whoa-- when I've time, I'm looking forward to investigating this. Sounds awesome.
King Koopa
Soundcloud
Trinity SH101 Juno6 JX3P cs10 NM1 Z1 K5000s MB33II Ipad3 MicroQ TX81z DX200 WS/AD VZ8m XD5 DP4 Gtrz
I am liking the super quadrinity project idea... if its anything like Morphor, although I am still dreaming of a form of data dump to capture the current pattern/kit's parameters as it can be a little experimental to have it all set up for one song/groove, then once you jump to another kit/pattern/song things become a little too unpredictable as the settings are what you tweaked for the previous ditty. If there was a way to save & reload Morphor settings that would be another workaround. Even better if this + data dump (per scene). I wasn't confident enough to use it at a small gig last weekend but it was tempting. More practise needed possibly as you can control the number of parameters being manipulated & start small.

Out of all the Elektron machines, the MM would benefit most with kit reload, CTR-ALL, 8P machine functionality and a touch pad mirroring the joystick functionality of the MM KB version.
ie. 6 detuned super saws with control over all 6 filters at once would be instant e-rave
Chain Chomp
Ozone wrote:
I am still dreaming of a form of data dump to capture the current pattern/kit's parameters

MK7
Killer Beez
@Ozone: you are right, data dump would be great, I just don't have the time to learn how a kit data request works (specifically, find out the format of the received string) and how this vector length limit inside Lemur can be overcome. For now, you have to use the INIT button. My workaround is to set most kits on the MD up with parameters very similar to the vector corresponding to the INIT button. Although I'm the developer of the MD Morphor, I do it as you and start small with just some parameters being tweaked. This thing is a muscle-packed beast which needs to be tamed carefully, to describe it in pictures.

Btw, I quickly added another feature (not yet released): buttons below the 8 faders to assign the corresponding parameter as LFO destination. The MD has so many LFO's, why not use them for further modulations

@Quadrinity template: Imagine CTR-AL for the Analog4!

What I'm dreaming about is another template/page for the Machinedrum which allows velocity-or pitch-sensitive recording. Unfortunately, this is difficult to implement, because sequences need to be recorded inside Lemur and then dumped via Sysex to the Machinedrum. This means that Lemur needs to be synced to the MIDI clock. The MD is not able to real-time record CC's. The R&W Minicommand has such a feature (MD notes)! Anybody here who knows how it works on the Minicommand and could implement something like this for Lemur? it doesn't need to record melodically correct, just record with some parameter variation, not just the trigs.
Chain Chomp
If you want to get ambitious with this stuff, you'll quickly bump into limits imposed by the Lemur scripting environment, as you already said.

A better approach is writing everything from scratch, imho.

I don't know how MD Notes works with the MiniCommand... my thingie generates melodies by reading the kit, and depending on the instrument, writes pitch p-locks according to a pitch mapping for that instrument into a pattern. It's basically magic

If someone does something like that by scripting Lemur, I swear I'll cut off my left ball and then take my hat.
MK7
Killer Beez
void wrote:

my thingie generates melodies by reading the kit, and depending on the instrument, writes pitch p-locks according to a pitch mapping for that instrument into a pattern. It's basically magic

except that vector length restriction (about which I heard that a solution exists somewhere already), it should be possible to carry the same sysex communication over to Lemur. you seem to have the know-how to do so...

where did you get information about the format of kit and pattern sysex strings? trial&error? the manual refers to an additional documentation.
Goomba
Re:Video: Machinedrum Morphor V1.1 10 Years, 12 Months ago
I was trying to download but I am unable to..
MK7
Killer Beez
Re:Video: Machinedrum Morphor V1.1 10 Years, 11 Months ago
really? what happens instead, error message? it works for me, but I'm gonna ask a PM when you send me more information.
Chain Chomp
Re:Video: Machinedrum Morphor V1.1 10 Years, 11 Months ago

this forum probably runs on a customized SID station
Go to top Post Reply