As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Video: Machinedrum Morphor V1.1 (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Video: Machinedrum Morphor V1.1
MK7
Killer Beez
Re:Video: Machinedrum Morphor V1.1 11 Years ago
Didn't upload it yet because I'm still thinking about certain points and need to extend the documentation, but probably gonna release it today because I won't have any time for this during the week.
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
Soundcloud
Trinity SH101 Juno6 JX3P cs10 NM1 Z1 K5000s MB33II Ipad3 MicroQ TX81z DX200 WS/AD VZ8m XD5 DP4 Gtrz
Been messing around with this for quite a few hrs over the weekend.... it definitely opens up some flexible tweaking. I have laid down a few recordings and am stoked with the possibilities.

Some thoughts...

Definitely interested in the option of receiving snapshots from the MD to the selected scene in Morphor if its at all possible. I see it's been asked already but it would really make performances more fine tuneable on the fly and reduce the occasional surprise craziness. Could be my bad there also

Still getting head around a few things, like the heirachy between parameter/arrangement with master scenes.

Can also suggest having track names (ie. BD,SD,HT...CC,M1,M2,M3,M4 or 1-16) for the mute & ctr-all on/off(blue) buttons.

Another slider allowing morph between arrangement scenes could be cool... but where would that fit? Or else allow this additional control as an option on the current fader, although maybe data overload possibility increased?

Spinning off from this numbering the parameter scenes and showing which 'numered scene is at the bottom and top of the slider would help absorb the state of affairs there at a glance.

Also allowing the option to choose which scenes your morphing from... maybe an active toggle button at each end of the slider highlighting current selected scene to alter (ie. like pressing 'either' one of the scene buttons A or B on the octatrack)

Some other ideas also but thats probably information overload already.
Thanks for all the work so far... great fun even as is.
MK7
Killer Beez
Thx for the comments!

This snapshot receive thing is definitely number 1 on my list for V1.11! It's going to be triggered by the INIT button which currently loads default states on all tracks (among other things), defined in a global variable. Unfortunately, I don't have as much leisure time in the next weeks as I had when programming this template and so it might take a while to get that done.

Maybe someone of you guys finds the patience to write a script which requests such a snapshot and sends received data to MachinedrumMorphor.MidiInput(0,track,parameter,value) in the format described in that script?

@numbering: In V1.1, I added numbers at tracks 1, 5, 9, 13.
@another slider: more sliders would indeed be cool. one for arrangement scenes as you suggested and maybe a second parameter slider so that one can take care of drastic changes and the other for some subtle developments going on in the background. On the other hand, it's so powerful already that the results can easily leave the space of past imagination, even more in V1.1 with independent interpolations per track as described in some other post in another thread! maybe sometimes in the future, placed on a second page.
@active toggle&number of last scene: this makes sense in V1.0 but not so much in V1.1 anymore, because the concept has grown further. in order to achieve even smoother results, the bottom position now stores the set of parameters applied at the last slider position before a parameter scene or page has been changed or an additional track been selected. For instance, imagine that no track is currently selected, hihats ended up with scene 1 the last time they were tweaked, toms with scene 2 at 100% and cowbell with a mixture of scene 1 and 2 (slider at 50% position when cowbell was deselected). When selecting scene 3 now and selecting all these instruments, hihats morph from scene 1 to scene 3, toms from scene 2 to scene 3 and cowbell from 50% scene 1, 50% scene 2 to scene 3. I don't now how I should display that!! it's definitely a challenge for the user's mind (do you understand what's going on at 3:37 in the video, where the modulation sounds different although I selected the same 3 tracks as before? ) I fear that my concept might be to weird for some of you. But it creates nice smooth tones!!
MK7
Killer Beez
DL available: Machinedrum Morphor V1.1 11 Years ago
The new version is available for download.

Have fun!!
King Koopa
Soundcloud
Trinity SH101 Juno6 JX3P cs10 NM1 Z1 K5000s MB33II Ipad3 MicroQ TX81z DX200 WS/AD VZ8m XD5 DP4 Gtrz
Re:DL available: Machinedrum Morphor V1.1 11 Years ago
Looking forward to messing with 1.1.

Not sure where to start with scripting a snapshot request from lemur but if its at all possible happy to make a paypal donation or beta test etc.

Cheers.
Chain Chomp
....allllllllright......it's about time I shell out the $50 for lemur app.....thank you !
Chain Chomp
That sounds awesome man! Very nice work on that template ! The video looks really cool. Very useful....did you have it hooked up via wireless? I am jumping the gun on lemur now , it'll take some time to figure out but it's. just too useful looking
Chain Chomp
I fairly certain a wireless option doesn't exist (yet).
Lemur is a great app. I use it to control my OT, MD, and Virus all at once. Worth every penny.
Chain Chomp
So are you using a camera connection kit or an other adapter like a midi rig ? I just need to look into more on the lemur app I guess
Chain Chomp
I use the camera connection kit + the TM-1
Go to top Post Reply