As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear i need a new drum machine,,,,,,, like yesterday uhmm kayyyy (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: i need a new drum machine,,,,,,, like yesterday uhmm kayyyy
Chain Chomp
http://soundcloud.com/pixelife
Re:i need a new drum machine,,,,,,, like yesterday uhmm kayyyy 10 Years, 11 Months ago
Looks like MFB is now using similar housings that Acidlab uses, just with wood sides. Those top and bottom caps look similar to Acidlab side caps... Buttons look similar too. Maybe they're sharing manu's now?
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
MD SPS-1UW+
Analog FOUR
Renoise 2.8

http://soundcloud.com/doktor-fibonacci
Re:i need a new drum machine,,,,,,, like yesterday uhmm kayyyy 10 Years, 11 Months ago
If you've got an OT, the MFB 522 might be an idea. Having only 8 buttons (instead of 16) kind of sucks, but you could sequence it with the OT, that, and you still have individual pots for each drum parameter, so you kind of have a really good single function machine, for a reasonable price. But... if you don't like the sound of the 808 or electro type drums, this may not be for you.
There's always the machinedrum, which is very deep, but since you have the OT, last thing you need is another deep machine... so perhaps you could look into drum modules, that you can sequence with the OT... such as the Vermona or the novation drum station.
L8r,
M.
Yoshi
Acidlab Miami vs MFB Tanzbar, which will you pick?
Killer Beez
3 brown dogs barking at each other....
If you only want 808 then Miami a safe bet.

Tanzbar offers much more options though.
Goomba
i got a miami. need a tanzbär as well!
Chain Chomp
One of the reasons I never bothered with any of the mini MFBs was bc most of those sounds were covered in the TRX machines. I guess you'd get a bit more analog vibe going, but it didn't seem necessary.

FWIW Mathew Jonson uses both MD and MFB 522 in his live setup. So....
Boo
pixelife wrote:
One of the reasons I never bothered with any of the mini MFBs was bc most of those sounds were covered in the TRX machines. I guess you'd get a bit more analog vibe going, but it didn't seem necessary.

Have both, you can't really replicate the groove and analog imperfections of the 522 on the MD. Sure there are lfos but's not the same thing.
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
MPRT wrote:
pixelife wrote:

Have both, you can't really replicate the groove and analog imperfections of the 522 on the MD. Sure there are lfos but's not the same thing.

Yup, there's a certain thump, vitality, rawness to analog drums that you just can't get out of DSP algorithms. MFB has this, and that's why a lot of people spice up their digital drums with some analog vibes.
Chain Chomp
MPRT wrote:
pixelife wrote:

Yes. That is interesting to note. That's why I think I'll jump on the Tanz. Getting a little sick of my 707's support duties for the MD.
Boo
If only the 522 remains in sync with the MD...
Go to top Post Reply