As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear i need a new drum machine,,,,,,, like yesterday uhmm kayyyy (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: i need a new drum machine,,,,,,, like yesterday uhmm kayyyy
Killer Beez
3 brown dogs barking at each other....
Re:i need a new drum machine,,,,,,, like yesterday uhmm kayyyy 11 Years ago
Out may says mr MFB to me on Bookface

The guys funny I think especially when he describes locking pitches of drums (no demo of it tho) and almost certainly up from the night before....

The keyboard is good too look how many patch points.

http://youtu.be/_onJmheq_98
  The topic has been locked.
Killer Beez
sdesign wrote:
poonti wrote:
PlayRecords wrote:
MFB tanzbar is the best machine on the horizon I know of. 12 instruments (with 12 individual out's) all analogue solid build and the icing is every parameter recordable I'd imagine over 1 bar. On my list anyway.

12 instruments with 12 outs!? Didn't know that. I like MFB stuff, even the older rickety ones, and these new ones are supposedly going to be built better. Any demos of this Tanzbar yet?

I did a write up on it here http://www.x0xclones.com/mfb-tanzbar/

It uses the same analog parts as the MFB-522 (as well as the analog parts of the MFB-503) so if you have a 522 then you essentially already have most the sounds that this offers.

I currently sequence the 522 from my Octatrack with its audio routed back into a Thru Machine for p-locking the effects parameters (filter cutoff etc.). so I'm not sure that I would gain much more other than being able to directly parameter lock the synth parameters (decay etc.) on the Tanzbar itself, which would be nice.

To the original poster, if I was in the market right now for a drum synth I'd go with the MFB-Tanzbar for sure.

Thanks. Good info. Rubbish demo though init?
Chain Chomp
A man's opportunities are never exhausted so long as other men (who are not his friends) possess millions of acres and thousands of tons of gold.
terrible demo,,

how is the 522?

better then the 503?

i think i might get one of these,,, price is right,
Chain Chomp
A man's opportunities are never exhausted so long as other men (who are not his friends) possess millions of acres and thousands of tons of gold.
when does the Tanzbär come out? if soon,,, maybe just get it,
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
sdesign wrote:
poonti wrote:
PlayRecords wrote:
MFB tanzbar is the best machine on the horizon I know of. 12 instruments (with 12 individual out's) all analogue solid build and the icing is every parameter recordable I'd imagine over 1 bar. On my list anyway.

12 instruments with 12 outs!? Didn't know that. I like MFB stuff, even the older rickety ones, and these new ones are supposedly going to be built better. Any demos of this Tanzbar yet?

I did a write up on it here http://www.x0xclones.com/mfb-tanzbar/

It uses the same analog parts as the MFB-522 (as well as the analog parts of the MFB-503) so if you have a 522 then you essentially already have most the sounds that this offers.

I currently sequence the 522 from my Octatrack with its audio routed back into a Thru Machine for p-locking the effects parameters (filter cutoff etc.). so I'm not sure that I would gain much more other than being able to directly parameter lock the synth parameters (decay etc.) on the Tanzbar itself, which would be nice.

To the original poster, if I was in the market right now for a drum synth I'd go with the MFB-Tanzbar for sure.

So Tanzbar is a combo of 522 and 503, with better seq, better knobs and construction? Sounds like a winner to me. Will have a look at your write up later today.

Allemanes folksen: Tanzbar = Dance Bar? Or Dancing bear? I kind of like the Dancing Bear...
Killer Beez
From MFB.

analogue drum-computer with tight step-sequencer and 16 instruments
immediate control, integration of MIDI and CV/Gate
different step-lengths per instrument
programmable accent- and pitch-bend-functions
144 patterns with A/B-variations, fill-function to chain various patterns
3 CV- and 2 Gate channels
roll- and flam-recording
individual and global swing-quantization
recording of control-value per step
12 individual outputs, stereo output
MIDI- and clock-sync, MIDI-dump
microshift-function via MIDI (future update)
metal chassis with wood side panels
MSRP: 840,- Euro
Tanzbar = Danceable, unless I am mistaken
Chain Chomp
Sie sind correct! Tanzbar means danceable and makes a great name for what looks like a great new mfb product! I got their dual lfo module ( first euro purchase ) and mfb rocks!
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
Damn google translate came up with "Dancing Bear" and "Dance Bar"
No, it does mean dancing bear. Tanzbär, not Tanzbar.

At their messe booth there was a picture of a polar bear doing the macarena or something.
Go to top Post Reply