As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear when will the analog bubble burst?? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: when will the analog bubble burst??
Game & Watch
Re:when will the analog bubble burst?? 11 Years, 1 Month ago
new trend is re-editions of classics at bargain prices

TT-303 (and forthcomming TT-606), MS-20 mini, the new volca stuff based on the mini korg 700s technology and so on

and modular, of course, mainly eurorack...it has the biggest collection of stuff than any other format I ever saw, and growing all the time...out of countrol right now, inminent chaos in a near future
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
more analog in smaller packages! making additive and fm poly analog boxes one day a viable reality

more tubes, more springs, more oscillation sources like strings and weird things like say the electromagnetic field of uranus or spin of quasars etc

much more of everything to come i feel!

more more more
Chain Chomp
more analog doesn't necessarily mean better though does it? I mean I'm all for it, but the Korg things seem like a toy to me. (a fun toy yes).
As tech gets better, analog does too. Look at the A4 and how much they fit in there for a pretty good price. The Pulse 2 is packing a lot in even smaller, and it's paraphonic. I think we'll be seeing much more of affordable synths of all kinds, hopefully some polys too!
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
Huge hole in the analog poly department though: look out in 2014, the beginning of the analog poly avalanche; then 2015 analog FM, additive, like Natefrogg mentioned!...this is just the beginning. And digital will improve as well - really weird, unheard of digital, with some analog filters! (except for VA which is dead in the water IMO).
Chain Chomp
http://soundcloud.com/pixelife
marcel videla wrote:
more analog doesn't necessarily mean better though does it? I mean I'm all for it, but the Korg things seem like a toy to me. (a fun toy yes).

It's the development of these "toys" and the R+D and market research that is allowing for bigger and better things. See: Monotron, etc...
Killer Beez
monomachine mk2, Analog 4, boss dr110
Over the next 2 years I predict a decline in demand for vintage analog and an overall price crash as the classic are released
Ebay is full if discounted vintage already
Junos are back down, fucked poly 6s down, jupiter 6 down, ms20 averaging $1000 down from the 2k + high
If I could sell short on this I would
Happy to wager/ bet on this decrease with anyone
Chain Chomp
I think more cheap (under £500) analogue synth/boxes and kits are the thing now as these are aimed at beginners looking to dip in their first toes and get away from ten a torrent VST's.

Vintage analogues will come down a bit in price as a result of pople wanting newer shiner gear as investments prices did get silly when the recession hit (vintage cars and other collectabless went the same way) but I can't see them getting as cheap as back in the day (mid-late 90's) when the first analogue revival came about (£250 for an SH101, £350 Pro1, £600 TB303 ect) as like old Star Wars toys there's only a finite amount about which will always make them a collectable commodity.

All I have to say is the new analogue market around now can only get bigger just look at what Korg have done with the Monotron to the MS20 mini.

Analogue polys next?
Vader77 wrote:
All I have to say is the new analogue market around now can only get bigger just look at what Korg have done with the Monotron to the MS20 mini.

Hammer Bro
Octatrack : Analog Four : NM G2
Soundcloud
LIVESEQ wrote:

Oh, now that's a reason to have an iPad.
Go to top Post Reply