As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Site Suggestions Unable to post in Your Music (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Unable to post in Your Music
jgb
Boo
Unable to post in Your Music 16 Years, 6 Months ago
Tried with both FF2.0 and IE6, but to no avail. Am I spooked, or is there something wrong here?
  The topic has been locked.
jgb
Boo
Re: Unable to post in Your Music 16 Years, 6 Months ago
Hmm... creating a new thread here works, but not in Your Music. Quite odd.
Admin
Interesting indeed! I just ran a test post in "Your Music" and it posted fine. Not sure what the problem was. I'd suggest trying again.

/a

edit: also, I wanted to add the XOOPS, the CMS our site is built on, is finicky. I'm currently building our new site and writing the scripts to migrate all the current data to the new site. Hopefully, many of these anomaly's we be gone in our future home.
jgb
Boo
Tried several times during the day, but to no avail. The browser gets stuck on http://www.elektron-users.com/modules/newbb/post.php (which is just blank), and never moves on to show the message "...click here if not automatically transferred...".

I tried logging out and logging in again, but that did not help either.
Admin
wow. sorry, i really don't know what to say about that issue. for whatever reason, i'm not experiencing that issue, and really i don't know how to resolve it at this point.

it's hard to determine where the problem is since it's a somewhat isolated incident.

feel free to start a new thread in another forum, even here, and give it the title you want and whatever text or link you were trying to post, and i can move it to the "Your Music" forum for you.

/a
jgb
Boo
Ok, I've managed to create a new topic, but wait...

Is there a limit on the number of URL-tags in one post? As soon as I have more than one URL-tag, it is impossible to post the message.
Admin
Yes, jgb. We had to do this as we were getting spammed like crazy for a while. You can also post the URL's without making them actual hotlinks. for example:

http://www.elektron-users.com/modules/newbb/

It just means folks will have to copy and paste. Sorry for all this hassle but trust me the spam thing was ridiculous!

/a
jgb
Boo
Well, I tried to post the links like that (without the URL-tags), but they were recognized as links even that way, which made it impossible.

I fully understand the reason for this behaviour now.
Boo
MD-UW - SFX-6 - SidStation
batni.tumblr.com
I have been unable to post replies to topics quite a few times since yesterday. I just get the blank page jgb is talking about, but if this post goes online I guess it's the two url-link limit that has been the problem.

-Ingrid

[edit: Yup, looks like that was the problem. :-/ At least now I know for sure what the issue was.]
Admin
Hi Ingrid,

I really don't know what's going on with this issue. There appears to be some kind of page resolving issue. If i knew or it was simple, I'd fix in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, all i can suggest for now is repeatedly trying to post. Which is really quite miserable but it's all I can suggest at this point.

I'm working diligently to get the new site done, which many of the problems we have now will be fixed, as we're moving to a whole new system. This is still at least a month out from now, but I think everyone will enjoy the improvements and 'Elektron'ish' feel to it (no there's not parameters locks)

/a
Go to top Post Reply