As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Novation Bass Station 2!!!!!!! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Novation Bass Station 2!!!!!!!
Hammer Bro
Octatrack : Analog Four : NM G2
Soundcloud
Re:Novation Bass Station 2!!!!!!! 11 Years ago
First line-out sound samples at Create Digital Music, about 8 minutes of sound demos. Although the firmware is not finished yet the synth sounds very tasty and versatile!
  The topic has been locked.
Flo
Chain Chomp
Re:Novation Bass Station 2!!!!!!! 10 Years, 9 Months ago
had someone any news on this one,?? I want it and wait for it since the start but seem very delayed.....
Cappy
There was a new demo released a couple days ago: http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2013/07/12/novation-bass-station-ii-analog-synthesizer-in-depth-demo/

I think I read it will be out in late July or August.
Chain Chomp
Everything you own ends up owning you.
I don't think the BS2 is even in the same radar vicinity as the Minibrute other than price.
Mini all the way for me.
To compare is really quite futile.
And the first BS was dco.
Hammer Bro
Octatrack : Analog Four : NM G2
Soundcloud
Do you mean yu prefer the oscillators/filter on the Mini despite the BS more advanced structure?
Chain Chomp
Everything you own ends up owning you.
I just prefer the minibrute full stop. The original BS was my first synth, still have it too.
The minibrute is just more interesting, and I've grown suspicious of novation in my advanced years, they seem to drop a controller every Tuesday and I think they have watered themselves down.
Arguably the BS2 has a lot more but I think the minibrute is just more entertaining, proper wysiwyg, no memories and to be honest I love that it allows me to use my 202 as a master keyboard with it's myriad interface options.
Personal taste I suppose! I'm not hating, they are just very different and comparison is a little more complicated.
King Koopa
Soundcloud
Trinity SH101 Juno6 JX3P cs10 NM1 Z1 K5000s MB33II Ipad3 MicroQ TX81z DX200 WS/AD VZ8m XD5 DP4 Gtrz
BS2? I want. Not perfect, but best of the new bunch regarding midi specs, additional envelopes/fm/lfo's & patches. My studio has enough wysiwyg midi & patch free analog already.
Really hope they do a rackmount version though.
Go to top Post Reply