As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge So I went looking for a musical partner (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: So I went looking for a musical partner
Chain Chomp
Re:So I went looking for a musical partner 11 Years, 1 Month ago
I like to stay away from people like tht
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
yikes!

this is why i make music by myself, it's very rare to find someone who is good to collaborate with...
MK7
Killer Beez
mistakem wrote:
yikes!

this is why i make music by myself, it's very rare to find someone who is good to collaborate with...

I have a completely different position. For me, making music is a social event, I don't like to make music alone (except to practice skills). Ok, you might meet people you don't like so much, then you can still keep on searching.

I'd even been playing in a Gothic band for a while, although I don't listen to Metal music but who cares, where the long-haired, half naked drummer was laughing about my "starship enterprise" (blofeld, monomachine) and was angry, no very angry, about all people who have a high-school graduation, but I just didn't say what I were doing outside of that band and had a lot of fun
Chain Chomp
A man's opportunities are never exhausted so long as other men (who are not his friends) possess millions of acres and thousands of tons of gold.
goth isnt metal, goth is goth, metal is metal, and never will they meet,

alien sex fiend isnt metallica, for obvious reasons.
Chain Chomp
MarsMelons - netlabel for experimental music

esmone - my drawings and cover art
void wrote:
He claimed to be a professor for something, was friendly and seemed clever at the beginning. He was interested in what I'm doing artistically, so I told him about noise music and other technological de-constructivist activities.. he asked a lot of questions, and after a while started to turn everything i was saying against me, and lectured me how he knows what's up because he reads them books & stuff and that I would be a psychological victim of our derailed, americanised world society... he got really riled up with his fav+ topic... it made me feel so uncomfortable that i had to un-eloquently tell him to just shut the fuck up, which he did. Nasty situation.. dude didn't even realise...

Man, those kind of people, annoys the hell out of me. I used to volunteer for an animal rights group a few years back, and a few of the people in that group were like that, very politically correct and incredibly confrontational whenever they met people with different opinions or experiences than their own. I think it ruined our cause big time every time they started discussing with people - it's pretty obvious psychology, if you make people feel really guilty and bad about something, they're obviously going to get defensive and feel turned off by the person attacking them. In my experience with working with the animal rights group, the only thing that could potentially effect people's decisions about meat eating habits or whatever the issue raised was by having a grown up friendly conversation. The person you talk to is obviously much more willing to actually listen to you and remember the conversation you had as something positive and worthwhile thinking about if you are friendly. It should be basic human knowledge, in my opinion, but unfortunately some people gets eaten up by their ego and the idea that they are a better person and therefore can belittle others. There's not a single more damaging cause to the good ideas of this world.

So yeah, good riddance - hope you find someone nice in the end, man!
Go to top Post Reply