As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs Re:A4 Lab #1 : analog drum machine (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:A4 Lab #1 : analog drum machine
Game & Watch
Re:A4 Lab #1 : analog drum machine 11 Years, 4 Months ago
  The topic has been locked.
Yoshi
darenager wrote:
http://soundcloud.com/darenager/elektron-a4-analog-drum-sounds

Nice one - you win Daren! Great cowbell by the way.

M
Game & Watch
Cheers Matt, I got a fever...
MK7
Killer Beez
Re:A4 Lab #1 : analog drum machine 11 Years, 2 Months ago
nice sounds
Goomba
Awesome sounds!
Goomba
I tried one : https://soundcloud.com/takadoum/a4-drumkit-example

Unfortunately, the kick is oversaturated after soundcloud upload
I tried several times, lowering the recording level, but I can't get it right once uploaded.

Any idea ? At home it sounds perfect, no saturation at all. Maybe some kind of hidden defect in it which causes this on soundcloud ?

EDIT : I must add that I don't have any monitors, just a good stereo and good PC speakers with subbass, so I might miss something.
Cappy
Is the general conclusion that can be drawn from this that the A4 is not a natural drum machine?

/t
Goomba
toma wrote:
Is the general conclusion that can be drawn from this that the A4 is not a natural drum machine?

/t

If you mean by this that the machine doesn't sound like real drums, I totally agree, and its main purpose is much more like elctronic sounds.

If you mean non natural drumming or feeling, I don't agree, but in this example, yes, you're right
Actually you really can tweak the patterns to sound like humanized drumming, the sequencer offers many possibilities, and you can also play with LFO and enveloppes and parameter locks to altrer the pattern and make it more alive (timing, ghost notes, decays, ...).
What I haven't done in the previous exemple ; it was only meant to show a drumkit example.
Cappy
Sorry, yeah, i didnt mean that as a dig at any of the sound samples you guys posted!

I ment, i love analog drum sounds, and if the A4 could easily do some convincing drum synthesis AND some tasty synth lines it would be a serious solo beast indeed.

/t
Cappy
My oppinion so far:

when I listen to the demo sounds of the Elektron A4 I dont think it is meant to be a drum machine at all...I wish the boys from sweden would provide us with better drums in their presets to learn from.

But if any decent at least cr78ish sounding drumsound is made by at least 2 voices I can answer my own question. You can do drums, even really nice sounding ones with the A4 but its definately not a drumbox or in any way specialized in creating drums.

PS and still I would like to be able to recreate a CR78 *sigh*
Go to top Post Reply