As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Lemur Machinedrum Template (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Lemur Machinedrum Template
MK7
Killer Beez
Lemur Machinedrum Template 11 Years, 1 Month ago
Such a gorgeous app!! Skripting > all, other controller apps are too static for my taste/needs.

I'm currently working on a template for the MD, using the MDC template as a starting point. so far, it can already control all parameter knobs, even several selected tracks at once, like ctr-al just for selected tracks. The possibilities are insane, I've been jamming for two hours with just 2-3 kits and some patterns. save slots for track selections, mutes and, of course, knobs (as already available in the MDC template).

Anybody interested to participate?
  The topic has been locked.
MK7
Killer Beez
Re:Lemur Machinedrum Template 11 Years, 1 Month ago
For some reasone, I can't edit my post to add an image. So here it comes in a separate post:
Interested? Yes. A lot of time? No....
Chain Chomp
MD uw
Octatrack
Monomachine mkII +Drive
Do you mean you can use CTR-AL only on tracks you select ??

MK7
Killer Beez
sicijk wrote:
Do you mean you can use CTR-AL only on tracks you select ??

yes, with the blue buttons you select tracks that are affected by changes. and the ten buttons on the above-right side store "scenes" which are applied to the selected tracks. I'm also going to add some form of interpolation between those scenes to make changes smoother.

let's see how much MIDI traffic the MD can handle!
Chain Chomp
MD uw
Octatrack
Monomachine mkII +Drive
that's great,,,,,,,,would you need some kind on contribution? I have a legacy Lemur but im not yet really good in programming it.....for lack of time and learning different machines i've got in the last year (Kyma included..ouch)
But i'm in !
MK7
Killer Beez
Re:Lemur Machinedrum Template 11 Years ago
Are iPad and legacy templates compatible?

Maybe I just get a first version up and running and post it here for testing and to let others participate in the joy of advanced control.
Chain Chomp
MD uw
Octatrack
Monomachine mkII +Drive
They are "almost" compatibles.....i mean: in the new LemurEditor (the one devoloped by Liine) there is a resolution stretch function that allows to modify the frame form iPad Lemur to Jazzmutant Lemur and vicecersa.
But actually, sometimes, some objects don't get stretched properly so one should modify dimensions manually.

Anyway.....cant wait to try it !
Thanks a lot!!
GiGi
MK7
Killer Beez
I have a first version which I'm gonna post in this forum after some testing. What I can say so far is that it sounds awesome!! There's a slider continuously morphing between scenes!!

My machinedrum is creating tones that I didn't know that they would be possible, not glitch but smooth noise washes etc, then a dry clap and something else sweeping in and out just because rtrg, strt, end, rvb etc. were all morphed at once and mutes as well as the sound in focus of the morphing mechanism changed in between.

the above set of 8 buttons controls parameter scenes. the slider morphs between the last selected and the currently selected parameter scene. the 24 button selects whether all 3 pages of parameters stored in the parameter scenes should be morphed or just the one which is currently displayed. the 16 button row with blue buttons selects the tracks to be tweaked. the row of red buttons contains mutes and the sliders below volumes of all 16 tracks. the second set of 8 buttons stores 8 sets of blue button combinations, mutes and volumes. there are options available (small buttons) to choose if all 3 sets or just a subgroup should be controlled by the 8 buttons.

to make this thing go (even more) crazy, just click on the 8 buttons at the right corner. these buttons store states of the other buttons.

and this thing can create far more traffic than MIDI is able to handle. not too many blue buttons should be active at once when the "24" light is active. the main thing I'm currently testing is how the MD reacts when it receives huge amounts of CC messages. so far it seems to be very stable and stay in sync no matter what I do. too many CCs seem to just introduce some lag in the processing of sound changes which again sounds musical and liquid.

great app!!
Game & Watch
MD UW+, OT, MnM UW+
dubathonic releases
fb
MK7 wrote:
My machinedrum is creating tones that I didn't know that they would be possible, not glitch but smooth noise washes etc, then a dry clap and something else sweeping in and out just because rtrg, strt, end, rvb etc. were all morphed at once and mutes as well as the sound in focus of the morphing mechanism changed in between.

Awesome Moritz! Hope you'll post some sound examples. If this ever works on iPad I'll have the app in a heartbeat
Go to top Post Reply