As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs OT Lab # 6 - Sample Manipulation Competition! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OT Lab # 6 - Sample Manipulation Competition!
Chain Chomp
MarsMelons - netlabel for experimental music

esmone - my drawings and cover art
Re:OT Lab # 6 - Sample Manipulation Competition! 11 Years ago
djd_oz wrote:
Here's mine, it's about 2 mins long ... I could let it go on forever and ever.
I just hit play and let the LFOs do the work.

Here is how it was done,
Track 1 - sliced the sample and pitched it down using Pitch and slowed it down using Rate. Comb Filter and Phaser for effects.
Track 2 - neighbour machine with Chorus and Reverb for effects
Track 3 - neighbour machine with Lofi and Delay for effects

Recorded into Ableton and applied some limiting to increase the volume a little.

https://soundcloud.com/djd_oz/otlab-6

Wow, I somehow didn't see this at first. Very atmospheric and odd. Good work, man!
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Machinedrum UW+ MKII
Monomachine+ MKII
Octatrack DPS-1
Analog Four
Alesis Ion
Korg Z1
Novation Nova
Waldorf Blofeld
Xoxbox
Daisuk wrote:
Niiiice stuff! Good work in 20 mins, aberen, love the result! Cool to see how you work on it, even though I don't see exactly what you're doing.

Yeah, i kicked myself for not thinking about that after recording the video. I thought about annotating the whole video, but then i realised that i don't remember half of what i did once i was about to do it.

I'll think about some better camera placement next time!
Boo
I threw up a few quick things - nothing long and nothing with any scenes or anything. Just some quick manipulations. This is why I love the Octatrack - it can create textures for days.

Single audio track, some neighbor tracks used as well.

Usual caveats apply - I wasn't paying particular attention to gain structure and I haven't listened to the MP3's yet directly off the site, so watch the volume before hitting play.

some short mp3's for lab #6
Quite like those Oldgearguy
Chain Chomp
MarsMelons - netlabel for experimental music

esmone - my drawings and cover art
Re:OT Lab # 6 - Sample Manipulation Competition! 10 Years, 12 Months ago
oldgearguy wrote:
I threw up a few quick things - nothing long and nothing with any scenes or anything. Just some quick manipulations. This is why I love the Octatrack - it can create textures for days.

Usual caveats apply - I wasn't paying particular attention to gain structure and I haven't listened to the MP3's yet directly off the site, so watch the volume before hitting play.

Nice one! I especially like the third one, "mellow", sounds absolutely fantastic, and exemplifies exactly why I love the Octatrack. That tune is lovely! Do you remember exactly what you did to that? Lots of reversed beauty! Great work, man.
Boo
Re:OT Lab # 6 - Sample Manipulation Competition! 10 Years, 12 Months ago
Daisuk wrote:
oldgearguy wrote:

Nice one! I especially like the third one, "mellow", sounds absolutely fantastic, and exemplifies exactly why I love the Octatrack. That tune is lovely! Do you remember exactly what you did to that? Lots of reversed beauty! Great work, man.

I'll take a look tonight. That was the first thing I came up with. Something like - reversed, timestretched, p-locks for pitch, start, and length, just like everybody else.
Go to top Post Reply