As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Piracy Alert! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Piracy Alert!
King Koopa
Re:Piracy Alert! 11 Years, 1 Month ago
J C Selector wrote:
Fo shizzle you've been sampled.

Uh oh...Timbaland is at it again!
  The topic has been locked.
AOT
Goomba
Darenger you are my new hero! Thanks for the link. I never get it right. I even went to a markup for dummies kind of study to break the "mystery" of whats behind webpages. seems that didnt have any effect. lol
As for Beardy Jack, that sounds serious. you really have a reason to get angry. And a legalcase i guess. Me im not angry at all. Its an honor if he did sample and very weird coincidence if not.I still think its a funny story with a reminder to everyone that they should not be surprised if they end up in a situation like this when music is floating on the net.
and i got some video editing practice.. always look on the bright side!
Chain Chomp
Everything you own ends up owning you.
Hey SNOWCRASH, it was copyrighted in the old send it to yourself recorded delivery method.
The album the track was from I actually gave to a mate (die you sh/+) it was a load of crap hence the slapdash copyrighting.
Not much I can do, just wanted the name of the guy who got paid.
It was a patch I programmed on a Supernova with an unmistakable sound character. The second I saw the ad I recognised my track. Blatant, not even sampled, just a straight portion.

This was almost 12 years ago now and I'm still livid when I think about it
It's becomng more and more common, to 'steal' other peoples works... last year I remember a story about a guy who just sampled 2 whole minutes from a unreleased Shifted track, looped it two times and added a break and then released it as his own... when confronted it turned out he had ripped off several other 'big' names in the techno scene, and all he said was sorry they discovered it....

But back to your example, I can't help but point out that my ears are telling me that the sequence in fact IS a bit different, it sounds to me like the second note in the deceding sequence is at a different pitch? If so then this truly IS a weird one in a million coincidence...

best of luck sorting this out
Boo
Sounds like a slightly different sequence to me too. And it's not like it's a complicated melody, just a descending 16th note figure. It seems more likely to me you both just happened to make a similar sound.
Go to top Post Reply