As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 prototype - custom frame (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 prototype - custom frame
Killer Beez
3 brown dogs barking at each other....
Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 custom frame AVAILABLE NOW 12 Years, 2 Months ago
Duplicate.
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
Soundcloud
Trinity SH101 Juno6 JX3P cs10 NM1 Z1 K5000s MB33II Ipad3 MicroQ TX81z DX200 WS/AD VZ8m XD5 DP4 Gtrz
Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 custom frame AVAILABLE NOW 12 Years, 2 Months ago
johnathon doe wrote:
regarding the flush mounted electron pic.

i would say:

take the lids off both machines
get a threaded bolt that screws into both machines
then put a nut on each end, INSIDE each machine
then put the lids back on and.....

flush mount!

peace

Yeah JD I think you could be onto something there.
Means the OT warranties would be voided though.

The reason I held off (besides not knowing a local skilled metal worker/machinist to make a longer handle) is also the size/weight issues. Would be easier travelling to split up 4 elektron machines... ie. 2 on carry on & 2 in check-in luggage, so it looks like another EIT-1 is on the horizon.
Hammer Bro
MD MKII 10th Anniversary Edition
Monomachine MKII
Facebook Page
PlayRecords wrote:
^ that would do it.... But then it wouldn't fit in an elektron manbag..

damn you elektron man bag!
foiled again!

peace
Boo
Prairie doggin'
Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 custom frame AVAILABLE NOW 12 Years, 1 Month ago
Just bought the frame off someone, but it seems the sidescrews and wrenches are missing. Anyone have some measurements of some sort of these so i can get them from a local hardwarestore? Length and thickness of the screws would be most important i guess...
Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 custom frame AVAILABLE NOW 12 Years ago
Does anybody have a good suggestion for a case to put this in?
I'm going to hit up some thrift stores to see if there's a suitcase it'll fit snuggly in.
Cappy
Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 custom frame AVAILABLE NOW 11 Years, 8 Months ago
Hey nangu - Do you think a third Elektron with one of the plastic covers would also fit on the side in the Pelican 1550 case along with the EIT-1? Could the 1550 possible carry the entire trinity?
Cappy
Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 custom frame AVAILABLE NOW 11 Years, 8 Months ago
It'd be really tight. Maybe with a mkII, but that sure wouldn't leave much room for padding. I'll get measurements tomorrow- I don't have the Pelican here right now.
Cappy
There's more room than I thought. With only the thin layer of foam at the bottom and none around the sides, there's slightly more than 1.5" of room between the knob tops on a third mkII unit and the EIT. After adding the plastic lid and some foam, it could probably work. I wouldn't ship it or fly with it using so little padding, but it should be fine if you're just carrying it around yourself..

Cappy
Awesome thanks for posting such a detailed reponse. Very helpful!
Cappy
One more thing- the Pelican's lid needs a little push to close properly with an Elektron in there sideways. I'm not sure whether that's good or bad. It might help to hold the third unit in place securely, or it might make the Elektron plastic lid more likely to pop off. I don't have an Elektron lid- I only tried one for a few minutes awhile back. The eggcrate-style foam in the Pelican's lid may eventually compress from using it like this. If it's a problem, you could always trim some of the foam away. Just thought I should mention it..
Go to top Post Reply