As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 prototype - custom frame (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 prototype - custom frame
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 custom frame AVAILABLE NOW 12 Years, 4 Months ago
Tarekith wrote:
Gravity and friction?
... and rack screws?
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 custom frame AVAILABLE NOW 12 Years, 3 Months ago
i am going to assume there are some bars or a panel running along the back of the units?
Cappy
Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 custom frame AVAILABLE NOW 12 Years, 3 Months ago
I just got mine and its just absolutely amazing. REALLY high quality, and very ergonomic. The angles are just right, and the build quality is very high. Visually just stunning.

No there are no bars or panels along the backs of the units. The units themselves integrate with the "cheeks", and then the heavy machined handle runs along the back of the entire assembly. The result is a fully integrated "system"....reminds me of my euro modular system case. What was once many modules, becomes one integrated "system". The whole is greater than the sum of its parts! Its really nice!
Cappy
@RONF: I think the others were referring to the pic Ozone posted (showing MD+MM+Miami+Bassline) rather than the frame this thread was originally about
King Koopa
Soundcloud
Trinity SH101 Juno6 JX3P cs10 NM1 Z1 K5000s MB33II Ipad3 MicroQ TX81z DX200 WS/AD VZ8m XD5 DP4 Gtrz
ollepetersson wrote:
@OZONE

That picture comes from a sales thread on a Swedish music forum called 99musik.se
http://www.99musik.se/showthread.php?284086-Korg-MS-20-amp-Eowave-Persephone
(Scroll 1/3 down)

The user is called Mush, so just register and ask him

/Olle

Thanks for that info Olle, I will do just that.

I wish it was as easy as gravity, friction & rack screws, but sriously how would you manage to screw 2 Elektrons together at the rack mounting points where they sit so flush together, & then undo them? Maybe you are right Watson.... a hidden panel behind/below the units, or super glue.

EDIT: @RONF: I was referring to the pic I posted on the previous page. Can also confirm the build quality, practicality & style of the EIT-1 personally.
Killer Beez
3 brown dogs barking at each other....
Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 custom frame AVAILABLE NOW 12 Years, 2 Months ago
[b]Ozone wrote:

Thanks for that info Olle, I will do just that.

I wish it was as easy as gravity, friction & rack screws, but sriously how would you manage to screw 2 Elektrons together at the rack mounting points where they sit so flush together, & then undo them? Maybe you are right Watson.... a hidden panel behind/below the units, or super glue.

EDIT: @RONF: I was referring to the pic I posted on the previous page. Can also confirm the build quality, practicality & style of the EIT-1 personally.

Screws on each end with some sort of pannel along the bottom and back. And gravity. Would be hilarious if the guy used super glue.
King Koopa
Soundcloud
Trinity SH101 Juno6 JX3P cs10 NM1 Z1 K5000s MB33II Ipad3 MicroQ TX81z DX200 WS/AD VZ8m XD5 DP4 Gtrz
Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 custom frame AVAILABLE NOW 12 Years, 2 Months ago
Cheers Play records... Yeah the glue seemed at least as humorously possible as 'friction', though I do remember seeing an electric guitar with metalzone pedal superglued glued to the body at a pawn shop yrs ago.
Hammer Bro
Re:Ergonomic Interface Truss EIT-1 custom frame AVAILABLE NO 12 Years, 2 Months ago
come on yall, you know duck tape will fix anythang

Looking forward to the EIT myself
Hammer Bro
MD MKII 10th Anniversary Edition
Monomachine MKII
Facebook Page
regarding the flush mounted electron pic.

i would say:

take the lids off both machines
get a threaded bolt that screws into both machines
then put a nut on each end, INSIDE each machine
then put the lids back on and.....

flush mount!

peace
Killer Beez
3 brown dogs barking at each other....
^ that would do it.... But then it wouldn't fit in an elektron manbag..
Go to top Post Reply