As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs Re: New Science Lab (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: New Science Lab
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
Re: New Science Lab 16 Years, 6 Months ago

actuel wrote:

hageir wrote:
One idea:

Pick a beat from an old song and recreate it with the machinedrum / Pick an old song (bassline, riff, lead or what ever) and recreate it with the monomachine..

Kind of a remix thing / sampling in a new form

+ show the original and the new one..

i'd like to take this idea a bit further but have a Sysex'd file everyone can start with and remix from that. Ideally we'd have one file for all the machines MnM, MD, and MDUW. so it'd be a exercise in remixing essentially.

the cornerstone to making this work is having some folks submit some nice files to work from. maybe we could have people submit tracks and poll on which ones should be remix'd?

just an idea

/a

and a bloody good one!

we should have different styles:
Ambient / Melodic
Electronic / Dance / Techno
Hip Hop
Disco / Pop
etc.
:-D
  The topic has been locked.
Another extension of this idea: how about we use something from the archives of http://ccmixter.org/ . It's the creative commons site that hosts thousands of freely remixable tunes.

It could be some sort of marketing gimmick to drive traffic to both of the sites. "elektron-users.com in conjunction with ccmixter bring you the first annual Elektron remix competition."

Something like that.

If that's taking this thing too far, I would only suggest that it doesn't matter what song is remixed, just as long as we can all download the source.
Admin

glitched wrote:
Another extension of this idea: how about we use something from the archives of http://ccmixter.org/ . It's the creative commons site that hosts thousands of freely remixable tunes.

It could be some sort of marketing gimmick to drive traffic to both of the sites. "elektron-users.com in conjunction with ccmixter bring you the first annual Elektron remix competition."

Something like that.

If that's taking this thing too far, I would only suggest that it doesn't matter what song is remixed, just as long as we can all download the source.

My only concern with this idea is that the remix material needs to be previously written on a Elektron box so that that everyone can load the SysEx file into their machine. So there would be one SysEx file for the MnM, MD, and MDUW. That way everyone is has the exact same start point.

I always like the idea of shaking hands with others out there but not sure it would work unless it was a UW only thing. Which in the future we may consider.

It's a good suggestion nonetheless...

peace
a
Ah, ok, I sort of missed the point. You want start out with a complete .syx (kit and all) and go from there. I was thinking more from a traditional remix standpoint. Either way would be interesting.
Admin
Now for all the jibber-jabber and interest in this thread, I'm assuming you're all working on having you entries ready by September 23rd correct?

lovely :-D
Go to top Post Reply