As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs Re: New Science Lab (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re: New Science Lab
Chain Chomp
Re: New Science Lab 16 Years, 7 Months ago
well maybe someone could sample a few machines from the monomachine to give us UW users? I love them rom machines
  The topic has been locked.
Boo

daswesen wrote:
well maybe someone could sample a few machines from the monomachine to give us UW users? I love them rom machines

I dont need sampled MM to beat the MM-crowd, MD rules! :-x
Admin
Some quick thoughts to chew on...

I'm happy to host whatever Science Lab the community desires and while a MnM vs. MD Lab can be done, it would never be definitive due to obvious differences...check the product pages, they're two different focus's.

Also, the Science Labs are about pushing us to learn the machines and pushing our understanding by limiting or setting parameters that make us delve deeper.

I think a MnM vs. MD would be lopsided personally. Give me some more definitive parameters that you all are imagining.

Additionally, we have to think about the UW crowd. This is why in the past we've
made the Labs seperate. That way the playing field is level and each machine can get a proper Science treatment based on it's characteristics.

blah, blah, blah... :-D

thoughts?
Boo

I'm happy to host whatever Science Lab the community desires and while a MnM vs. MM Lab can be done, it would never be definitive due to obvious differences...check the product pages, they're two different focus's.

MD vs MM is a man more than a machine competition, which crowd is the better, it needs to be settled!
Admin

HBINC wrote:

MD vs MM is a man more than a machine competition, which crowd is the better, it needs to be settled!

Again, the Science Labs focus isn't about competition and ego. Here's the defacto text from the Science Lab page:

"Welcome to the Science Lab, the place to delve underground and go weird. The goal of the Lab is for you to dig deeper into your Elektron gear by focusing on a specific aspect of the machine, such as a single synth engine, a particular technique, or a small set of samples."

If it makes you feel any better, here's this following award:

"Elektron-Users here by awards _________ (insert name here) the winner of the _________ (Science Lab name) and your _______ (Elektron MnM,MD, or MD/UW) is the king forever. You're a badass, sleep well knowing it."

:-D
Boo

Again, the Science Labs focus isn't about competition and ego. Here's the defacto text from the Science Lab page:

Since it will be MD-users vs MM-users I dont see the ego part in that, it's more team building kind of thing! and yes Im trying to stir up some energy :-D
Killer Beez
The home of Future BASF
http://soundcloud.com/ookpikk
Now that I have the MDUW, I'd totally be up for some lab action.
Hammer Bro
enapa lirar monolåda, 2 x sidstation och uv!
: )
The contest inself as said before is not the deal, the things you can do when put inside a frame of limitations, and to hear how different others react inside the same frames is the cool part.... i take more pride loosing and have a nice-track and improved skills than being a superhero from a LAB...

I challagne a MD every day, say one channel, one synthesis that are somewhat similar.... If MD where so good.... why is there a need to have so many channels??? i often make all my drums.... and synths on 6 tracks of mono!!

I actually considering selling my mpc and get a mr-mono nr2 for my collection... hehe... Dual mono!!

...and... arent there some labs that are runing??
Admin
alright ima try to steer this thread back to the point. i'm seeking suggestions on new LAB's for the following machines:

Monomachine - SFX

Machinedrum - MD SPS-1

Machinedrum - UW

here's an example of the last LAB's:

> MachineDrum: use only the TRX->XC machine.
> UserWave: use only samples from the sample pack, plus optional RAM machines.
> Monomachine: use only the SuperWave Ensemble machine plus one optional effect.

cheers,
a
Chain Chomp
Suggestion for MD/MD-UW:

use only 3 tracks (so 3 different machines), and 3 ctrl machines. no rom nor ram machines.
Go to top Post Reply