As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox New OT Tips series (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: New OT Tips series
Chain Chomp
Re:New OT Tips series 11 Years ago
@Alep

Also, this doc is really useful as a guide to the OT
http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&Itemid=30&gid=22&orderby=dmdate_published

@Sicijk, let's all hope we get that far along with our favourite boxes by our sides!

@Rennweg, thanks for watching! I should have a new one up next week.

If I can, I'm going to start experimenting with some realtime sampling tutorials soon.
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
MD uw
Octatrack
Monomachine mkII +Drive
If I can, I'm going to start experimenting with some realtime sampling tutorials soon.

that would be perfect!!! YEAAAAAH!
Cappy
great stuff! do more! sometimes you just kind of stuck with you own mind patterns with ot, and such videos from other people kind of frees your mind
Chain Chomp
Sicijk, the realtime video may take a little bit of time to set up because I'll be working with another musician. Sk1e - thanks for watching. I see you had some problems from the youtube comments. Did you get it working okay?
Cappy
skab wrote:
Sicijk, the realtime video may take a little bit of time to set up because I'll be working with another musician. Sk1e - thanks for watching. I see you had some problems from the youtube comments. Did you get it working okay?
Just cant figure out,why all oneshot trigs on the track disarm, when sequencer plays just first one
Chain Chomp
Sk1e - to keep the one shot trigs going you need to hold 'Yes'. As long as it's held down all one-shots will trigger.
Game & Watch
Pickup machine tutorial would be cool maybe?
Chain Chomp
^Good idea. I had planned to post one on using "plays free" tracks today, but I ran into so many unforeseen bugs....

Wel, I'll see if I can get a Thru machine vid up by the end of the week.
Cappy
Hi
I love your videos as well - thank you!
I'm all new to the Octa but have the others,
and have had them on and of for years!

I'm a bit oldschool...all my stuff goes to a mixing desk (weighs 30 kilo's) 6 outputs from the mono, 4 from Md, 2 from A4, 2 from octa With fx setup on aux's and so forth
But I want to go portable for live use, and I see that you,
Like Dataline and others have everything going thru the Octa,
And using that for a main hub of sorts.
Hope I'm not stretching it by asking you:
How would you setup the 4 Elektrons so that you ended up
With a single stereo out from the Octatrack.... And how if possible would you connect
External verb, delay and such ?

In shorts : Octa The Master Hub

Either way - keep em coming and thanks for all the fish

Dd
Chain Chomp
Hey Daffydub,

Thanks for watching the vids! As the OT only has 4 inputs, if you still want to use the 6 mono outs on the MNM you'll need to sub mix it before routing it into the OT. Same goes for the MD. If you don't mind mixing in the box then I suppose you could go MD to A4 and then A4 and MNM into the OT. MIDI should be a breeze, just tweak the OTs setting so that it's not sending out wayward CC messages

Also, the OT, with it's realtime sampling and crossfader can do wonderful tricks with the audio from your other machines.

The way I set up my effects is to put the OT's cue mode to "studio" which gives you a per track control over how much gets sent to the cue out. I then add my fx in a chain and either route that back into one of the OT's inputs or to a spare channel on the PA.

Hope this helps!
Go to top Post Reply