As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Any interest in buying A4 drum sound packs? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Any interest in buying A4 drum sound packs?
Cappy
Re:Any interest in buying A4 drum sound packs? 11 Years, 1 Month ago
I just wanna know how you made that snare, especially the smacky response of the envelope.
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Elektron OT A4
Arturia Minibrute
Korg EMX1 ER1 EA1
Waldorf MicroQ
Roland AJ2 MKS50
MAM MB33mkII
Yamaha TX81Z
Rephlex MeeBlipSE
Electrix WarpFactory
Definitely in for a purchase for 128 drum sounds! Wouldn't be too keen on a 50/50 of drums and general sounds. I'm also a no-preset kind of guy, but, after listening to your videos of drums on the A4, I'd love to both both see how you made them (those hats are amazing!) and would like to pay you for the inspiration. Totally owe you a beer.
Cappy
Smashin sounds man, have ya any idea when you will be ready to sell the pack, 128 drum sounds like that to dig into I can hardly wait

I tried to design a snare last night but it ended up a pretty good clap, so I could really make use of em from a reverse jigeary pokery point.

Thanks m8.
King Koopa
Gear Includes:
Elektron Analog 4
Elektron Monomachine
DSI Tempest
MPC 1000 (Custom)
Korg ESX1
Korg ER1
Various Monosynths
NI Maschine
REOvolt wrote:
I think low price is the key for succes. The Richard Devine set is even for free.

Well of course its likely Mr Devine got paid by Elektron to develop that pack.
Game & Watch
Thanks for the input again guys, ok I will stick to the original plan of 128 drum sounds, I will try to get them finished as quickly as possible, but I am quite picky so I will prefer to take a little longer and get some really great and useable sounds, pretty much a large portion will be 'standards' like for example 909 and 808 type kick, snare, as well as some new stuff which are not too gimmicky or identifiable as 'presets'.

I will make each sound as a individual loadable sysex, as well as a whole bank, I will also make a recording to allow auditioning of the sounds without the hassle of having to load it first, probably in the format of all kicks, then all snares etc, so then it is a case of sitting with a pen and noting which ones you want to load. I have no illusions that everyone is going to want to load them all in because I would not myself and it is a hassle to the user to have to do that I think.

I will make demo patterns too, but these are more for auditioning or ideas than intended to be impressive demo's, which are not actually useful. Right?

Realistically probably looking at a month or 2, but rest assured I will post updates in this thread.
Goomba
Awesome! Thanks for the update Darenager.
Goomba
This is great. Thank you!
Mr Ager is a bit of a star methinks
Cappy
down payment? =)