As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Any interest in buying A4 drum sound packs? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Any interest in buying A4 drum sound packs?
Killer Beez
monomachine mk2, Analog 4, boss dr110
Re:Any interest in buying A4 drum sound packs? 11 Years, 1 Month ago
Yes agreed do not sell yourself short
You could charge at least $20 per 128 pack
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
I think 20 bucks would put a lot of people off (even though they are probably worth it!). I'm a make it yourself guy as well, but would definitely buy for 10 or under just cos Daren seems to be the shit at drum synthesis!! And I think he'd end up making more money keeping the price down...
I think low price is the key for succes. The Richard Devine set is even for free.
Game & Watch
Thanks for the responses guys.

I think pricing is always a tricky thing to judge, but bear in mind a LOT of work is going into this to make it right, yes you can reverse engineer the sounds - that is part of the idea, but also I'm aiming to make the sounds very suitable to use as-is, a 909 type snare for example - most of the work is getting the correct time response of each of its components, once you do that it sounds 909ish, the scope then is for user tweaks is things lke noise level, tuning, decay.

I'm a big fan of tutorials, even done more than a few myself, as well as free kits, but this is something different, think of it as a time saver - I don't really expect everyone to load up 128 of these sounds into their machine and start sounding all the same, the idea is make them your own, view them as shortcut templates for your productions. Remember I am going to have documentation describing each sound - this is NOT going to be along the lines of 'how I made this sound' but rather a description that tells you what it is, and perhaps suggested tweaks, a few lines of text for each. So you can read through the doc and choose which to load, rather than having to clear the machine and load in the whole bank.

Now, one more thing - would you guys prefer that I stick to the original idea of 128 drum sounds, or would you prefer to have say a 50/50 split with other sounds like leads, basses, pads, etc? Again if I went this route I'd focus on mostly staple 'bread and butter' sounds rather than distinctive niche sounds that sound impressive but you'll never end up using.

Thanks for the input, I will get back to PMs in due course
King Koopa
darenager wrote:

Now, one more thing - would you guys prefer that I stick to the original idea of 128 drum sounds, or would you prefer to have say a 50/50 split with other sounds like leads, basses, pads, etc?)

Make a few sample packs and sell them but please start with an all Drum pack first. The A4 needs drums.
Goomba
i'd love to purchase these - please let me know when they're available - graham909@gmail.com
Cappy
What Big Bang said.
Goomba
I agree on the sub $10 (or 7 ish euros) route. I would definitely purchase it in that range.
Goomba
i'm in!
vst
Cappy
I'd be interested for less than $10 USD

I think you should split the pack up too. So each page of sounds would be arranged with some kicks, snares, hats, etc.

You may as go all out and toss in leads and basses too, as most will have to overwrite some slots for their original sounds like these.

Good luck darenager!
Go to top Post Reply