As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Any interest in buying A4 drum sound packs? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Any interest in buying A4 drum sound packs?
Goomba
Re:Any interest in buying A4 drum sound packs? 11 Years, 1 Month ago
Ihatederekreed wrote:
I would be interested in a synthesis guide to creating such drums on the a4, but not so much purchasing patches.

Obviously, patches would help from a reverse engineering standpoint.

That being said, I would be interested if it included a detailed spec sheet for each sound?

+1, more interested in a guide which I would gladly pay $$$ for.
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Thanks for the input good peoples

Couple of things:

I want them to be reasonably priced so that perhaps guys who would not normally go for such a thing might take a punt, and yes the emphasis is very much going to be with the idea of providing a bit of documentation so that the sounds can be used 'as-is' so that the descriptor of say 909 snare or BoomyBD will reflect with some accuracy the type of sound, BUT also so that they can be used as starting points for further tweaking if you want to, I don't really like names that don't give an idea of what to expect, as for most of us music time is better spent on making music than browsing sounds, mostly.

Of course I will try to cover a decent useable pallette of sounds, but like anything personal taste comes into it, but I will not include any gimmick sounds that no-one is going to find useful, if anything the sounds will be geared toward techno/house/electro and the like.

I'm not really in a position at this early stage to write up massive details of each sound, but there will be some demos made and of course once you load the sound it is quite easy to see what is going on, I'd never rule out the possibility of writing a synthesis guide but I think that would be far more in depth than the scope of this first project.

I am happy to do other types of soundbanks like basses, pads, leads, fx etc later, but I've settled on drums for this first one to see how it goes.

Believe me, I'd love to do it all for free (indeed, anyone who knows me for a while knows that I have given sample packs and kits away before here and other places) but like everyone else I have bills to pay, and if you don't think the demos sound good, don't buy them.

Anyway thanks for all the input so far, off to bed now, I will reply to PM's tomorrow
Game & Watch
Here are some more on a retro tip

http://soundcloud.com/darenager/elektron-a4-analog-drum-sounds

Really off to bed now!
Cappy
For the educational aspect alone I'd throw some money at you. I'm in.
Boo
octatrack, prophet 08, minibrute, SEM, RS-09, A4, Zed 14
i'm down as well. i want to learn as much as i can about drum synthesis, and i think this would be a great tool.
Chain Chomp
For a drum tutorial series I would happily pay / donate, I think you will find most guys around here prefer to make their own sounds...
Goomba
That!

Please make drum tutorials (with sound, text and sound/video) with PayPal donation button. Most people will pay.

Nobody will benefit from buying just presets, imo.
darenager wrote:
like everyone else I have bills to pay

Cash waiting for MIDI-fied Monotribe.

Hammer Bro
Octatrack : Analog Four : NM G2
Soundcloud
Ihatederekreed wrote:
I would be interested in a synthesis guide to creating such drums on the a4

www.soundonsound.com/sos/allsynthsecrets.htm has what you need, although it looks like the SOS website is down for maintenance at the moment - you may need to wait a couple of hours.
Count me in, I just want to support any effort in sharing sounds and knowledge.
Go to top Post Reply