As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Any interest in buying A4 drum sound packs? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Any interest in buying A4 drum sound packs?
Game & Watch
Any interest in buying A4 drum sound packs? 11 Years, 1 Month ago
I know there is a lot of mixed feeling about using presets, so if this is of no interest to you then fine.

I am thinking of selling a bank of 128 drum sounds for the A4, this will take me some considerable time, so in order for it to be worth my time it would probably need to sell well and at a reasonable price (£4-6?)

It would most likely take the form of a sysex of the individual sounds along with a text description of each sound, some example patterns and kits. The sounds would be categorised into kick, snare, clap, hi hat, etc. I'd try to cover a fairly wide range of sounds probably grouped into sets of 10, so 10 kicks, 10 snares, then one group of 8 (12x10 +8)

So:

Any interest? If so is the pricing suggested such that you would buy it?

Finally here is a basic video of the kind of sounds (although of course there would be a lot more and different types)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpyxrdVv4AA
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Re:Any interest in buying A4 drum sound packs? 11 Years, 1 Month ago
I for one am in the process of learning how to make really good analog drum sounds, so this would be perfect. Would gladly pay the suggested price. Please - throw in some really good bass sounds as well, and I will pay extra
Chain Chomp
since i am not a pragmatic person in that regard, personally i'm not interested in a full pack of sounds, i'd rather learn to do my own because it is just too much fun.

however, being quite a noob to analog synthesis, i'd be really happy if you were to post just one sound .syx that shows how to make a snappy snare with a convincing body. Just as a starting point for further tweaking basically..
Game & Watch
Snappy snare is easy, tri for body, noise for snap, bpf, envelopes to taste

TBH I wonder if it is something worthwhile or not to do, so thanks for the feedback guys.
Killer Beez
monomachine mk2, Analog 4, boss dr110
With text descriptors I would def purchase
Looking forward to this pack plus bass/pad pack
Maybe a sh 101 and 303 and other emulation pack
Goomba
I would most likely be interested.
Depends on quantity and quality of sounds of course.
Yoshi
I'd have limited use for drum sounds; not using my A4 that way; leads/bass/pads etc sure; but for the suggested reasonable price* (£4-6?) I'd buy for a number of reasons:

- Principle / respect to support your time / effort / endeavours
- Edumacational : You can always learn more / different approaches etc
- Price is quite reasonable
- Documented? Very nice approach. And nice to consider the "conceptulisation" of what you are/were trying to achieve with a specific sounds.

* SRP?
King Koopa
I would be interested in a synthesis guide to creating such drums on the a4, but not so much purchasing patches.

Obviously, patches would help from a reverse engineering standpoint.

That being said, I would be interested if it included a detailed spec sheet for each sound?
King Koopa
If the sounds work for me, I'll gladly pay for them. I know what I want to hear so if someone can make the sounds I would make anyway or similar, you got my money. That saves me time and if you give us good sounds to start with, after a few tweaks we 'll shape it into our own anyway. What serious producer uses an exact preset-besides Timbaland?

Don't sell yourself short man. If it takes a considerable amount of time to create the sounds, charge accordingly. I know quality synth programming when I hear it and I don't mind paying good money for it-it's one of the main reason I got an Accelerator. Jorg Schaff's programming is worth every penny.

All the best with it if you decide to go forward.
King Koopa
darenager wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpyxrdVv4AA

If you make 128 drum sounds, all of that ^ calibre you'll easily sell your drum packs man.

Throw some dusty, thick, deep snares in there to compliment those boomy kicks

Excellent work for real.
Go to top Post Reply