As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge what are you listening too lately (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: what are you listening too lately
Killer Beez
monomachine mk2, Analog 4, boss dr110
Re: what are you listening too lately 16 Years, 5 Months ago
I don't know that either- thanks for pointing that out actuel

hell yeah, all of the ep sounds quite md esque

Know that i understand what's behind the cult of the Md, he's surely mad to sell it for a PC

Raw cartoons?, (quickly consults the giant Google brain), seems like a mix tape. Off to soulseek then to find it. Thanks.

Any other electro-click-hop around that tickles you guys? Lukid is nice, Eloit Lipp's sorta ok.
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch

orwell wrote:

Any other electro-click-hop around that tickles you guys? Lukid is nice, Eloit Lipp's sorta ok.

Nosaj Thing. Another LA cat. He is super dope. Just gettin started. He's on myspace.

He only has one EP as of yet, but he's gonna drop a full length soon. You can buy his shit on iTunes, probably a couple of other places.
Admin
There's a really hot Prefuse 73 Mix for Hefty Records on iTunes. HERE!!!

Maybe check this DubLab comp: HERE!!!

Caural, Nobod, AmmonContact, Koushik, and the highly slept on first Manitoba/Caribou record "Start Breaking My Heart", there's just soooo many
Maybe a little different than most here are into, but if you're looking for something different, check out:

Younger Brother - The Last Days of Gravity

Downtempo genre blurring at its best.....
Game & Watch

actuel wrote:

orwell wrote:
I'm looking forward to the next full length lotus album. Also i gott'a check out the SP-303, seems like a funny little box. Imagine what lotus could do with an MD UW!

I heart Flying Lotus material. If your a 'Reset EP' fan, be sure to check out his 'Raw Cartoons' shit....so HOT. Also, I contacted him about being on the Tribute for Daniel and he was really cool about it and said he would, but sold his MD to buy a Macbook. I swore his 'Dance Floor Stalker' was a MD but he said it wasn't, "it probably would have been better if I had still had my MD".

Real nice dude.

Damn, I guess he's still working the SP-303 then?
Game & Watch

ThinkTanx wrote:

jsrockit wrote:

ThinkTanx wrote:

Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury

Ah, a guilty pleasure of mine as well...

I've never considered it a guilty pleasure. :oops:

Is it because of all the lyrics about pushin' cocaine? Because I relate to those perfectly. 8-)

Yeah...it's all the cliches... though even the lyrics are better than the usual slangin the devil's dandruff stuff. That ride aroundd shining beat is just... :-o
Game & Watch

orwell wrote:

While y r at it lend the MD to dabrye and madlib, please!

I'm not sure Madlib would benefit from it... most of his stuff is straight loop stuff. Now Dabrye...I'm sure he could freak it.
Game & Watch

jsrockit wrote:

Now Dabrye...I'm sure he could freak it.

I would imagine he has before. Surely. That would be such a fantastic combo.

jsrockit wrote:

ThinkTanx wrote:

jsrockit wrote:

ThinkTanx wrote:

Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury

Ah, a guilty pleasure of mine as well...

I've never considered it a guilty pleasure. :oops:

Is it because of all the lyrics about pushin' cocaine? Because I relate to those perfectly. 8-)

Yeah...it's all the cliches... though even the lyrics are better than the usual slangin the devil's dandruff stuff. That ride aroundd shining beat is just... :-o

Oh yeah!! I love that beat. Most all those beats are great. So dark and minimal. Those Neptunes beats with the Clipse flow is just a perfect combination, imo.
Admin
you guys are making me want to resurrect that album -- it's been a while. ride around shining is my second favorite. I think Mr. Me Too is the number one on that album. talk about simple beats. it's like the post-it note of hip hop beats -- could have been me! :-P

for me it's been sigur ros, burial, the aloof ("sinking") and some dnb mixes -- mickey finn, kemistry and storm, and aphrodite. the mixes mainly 'cause work has required fierceness! :-o
Killer Beez
monomachine mk2, Analog 4, boss dr110
Raw Cartoons is summer-BQ-simmering. Cheers for the recommendation, and the sore neck!

here's something I spied http://www.myspace.com/flyamsam; sounds like a good co-op. 'tendo-Mario-jump-hop'...... bong bong. They should release it on cartridge, lol. I wonder when it drops on plug research?

oh, meanest man contest has a new ep out... and so on it goes
Go to top Post Reply