As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Rack For Using OT and A4 Live (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Rack For Using OT and A4 Live
Chain Chomp
Re:Rack For Using OT and A4 Live 11 Years, 1 Month ago
That looks great!!

How about a trolley for moving it to gigs?
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
MDSPS-1UW+ MKII Doepfer DARKENERGY Darktime MKS-30 Mbase01 A&H Zed14 Ensoniq DP/4 RNC 1773
I bought a fold up dolly for mine... Works like a charm. . What are you doing for cable management?
Goomba
Elektron OT A4
Arturia Minibrute
Korg EMX1 ER1 EA1
Waldorf MicroQ
Roland AJ2 MKS50
MAM MB33mkII
Yamaha TX81Z
Rephlex MeeBlipSE
Electrix WarpFactory
I've got a heavy-duty hand truck (that's horrid yellow! totally matches the MicroQ) for carting around everything. My old boss borrowed it for playing some SXSW gigs and got it back today. Good to go there.

For cable management, I'm just using super cheap zip ties I got from newegg or fry's or somewhere. I tested them out as far as removing them goes, and a razor slices right through them. I wouldn't use heavier duty zip ties, it'd be overkill and cutting them that close to cables is not great.

I'm kinda stuck on what to do about the power bricks and the midi thru box. I don't want to put in velcro or double-sided tape, but, I also don't want them floating around all willy-nilly.

I've been busy and haven't had time to try out this setup (before I play live with it in two days ... dumb idea). But, tonight should be non-stop til I pass out. I'll have a better review tomorrow or Sunday (after the show).
Game & Watch
cykranosh wrote:

this glass of beer makes me extremely nervous...
Chain Chomp
Elektron-fu..
Goomba
i always wanted a combo case with its own bar great thinking!
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
What about the audio cables for the A4? Looks like there's no room to plug those in?
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
skab wrote:
Elektron-fu..

Hammer Bro
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
MDSPS-1UW+ MKII Doepfer DARKENERGY Darktime MKS-30 Mbase01 A&H Zed14 Ensoniq DP/4 RNC 1773
Fir cable mgmt I used this stuff and it is great... Got the idea from Tarekith... Tje link is from Canada but you should find something in the states... Also amother site I love for misc stuff

dealextreme.com

Cabke wrap http://www.cabletiesandmore.ca/SpiralWrap.php
Goomba
Elektron OT A4
Arturia Minibrute
Korg EMX1 ER1 EA1
Waldorf MicroQ
Roland AJ2 MKS50
MAM MB33mkII
Yamaha TX81Z
Rephlex MeeBlipSE
Electrix WarpFactory
Tarekith wrote:
What about the audio cables for the A4? Looks like there's no room to plug those in?

I put the rack ears on the Octatrack on upside down so that it would sit high up off the rack face and I could put it right next to the Analog Four. I did that so that I could easily reach both trig sets for muting.

What I shouldn't have done, after plugging everything in and realizing it, was buy angled cabled. I had originally planned on putting both flat and leaving 1U between them, in which angled cables would have been legit. But, after finding it was too far apart, I rethought my layout and decided on the staggered approach. I can get my hands in there for the knobs on the A4, even with it being butted up against the OT. So, far me, this layout is great.

sugarratz wrote:
i always wanted a combo case with its own bar great thinking!
anselmi wrote:
this glass of beer makes me extremely nervous...

I was so paranoid with that beer sitting on the rack. I carefully put it up there, took the picture and carefully took it off. Worst idea ever!

skab wrote:
Elektron-fu..

SECRET TECHNIQUE IS SECRET! I studied for years to be shown such a safely guarded technique!

cosmosuave wrote:
Fir cable mgmt I used this stuff and it is great... Got the idea from Tarekith... Tje link is from Canada but you should find something in the states... Cabke wrap http://www.cabletiesandmore.ca/SpiralWrap.php

Yeah, that'd definitely have been the better option. I don't like the "permanence" and wastefulness of zip ties. But, it's what I had on hand.
Go to top Post Reply