As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Rack For Using OT and A4 Live (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Rack For Using OT and A4 Live
Goomba
Elektron OT A4
Arturia Minibrute
Korg EMX1 ER1 EA1
Waldorf MicroQ
Roland AJ2 MKS50
MAM MB33mkII
Yamaha TX81Z
Rephlex MeeBlipSE
Electrix WarpFactory
Re:Rack For Using OT and A4 Live 11 Years, 2 Months ago
Decided to go for the SKB R106. It's cheaper, looks sturdier (and less ugly), about the same height, has two more rack spaces and I could actually find reviews online. Whether it's good or terrible, I'll definitely update here, in case someone else is looking later.

I had to order rack ears direct from Elektron, as Sweetwater and all the other retailers I looked at (while on my lunch break, lol) were either sold out or had horrendously long shipping estimates.
  The topic has been locked.
Re:Rack For Using OT and A4 Live 11 Years, 2 Months ago
I'd keep away from the Gator one. I had that exact same one and it never felt totally stable and the handle fell off in my hands once
Goomba
Octatrack / Minitaur / Virus Polar / Space

http://www.youtube.com/11brassmonkey11
Re:Rack For Using OT and A4 Live 11 Years, 1 Month ago
That one looks great! I used SKB cases for my drums, always found them second to non, better than the gator cases i used too.

Keen to hear your views on it if you get time. I'm interested using something like this in the studio to sit on a table.
Goomba
Elektron OT A4
Arturia Minibrute
Korg EMX1 ER1 EA1
Waldorf MicroQ
Roland AJ2 MKS50
MAM MB33mkII
Yamaha TX81Z
Rephlex MeeBlipSE
Electrix WarpFactory
Got the rack in today! But, still waiting on rack ears. :/ I ordered two sets (direct from Elektron) of the black ones on Friday and they shipped Tuesday morning. My roommate ordered (also directly from Elektron) a grey set on Tuesday night. His arrived today ... only it was a single black set. I was hoping my Friday was going to be racking up gear, instead I was forced to take solace in beer.

I will give it one thing, it's xbox huge!

Once I get my rack ears in, I'll post a real review.
Hammer Bro
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
MDSPS-1UW+ MKII Doepfer DARKENERGY Darktime MKS-30 Mbase01 A&H Zed14 Ensoniq DP/4 RNC 1773
Needs some stickers... Elektron how come no stickers with gear purchases?
Goomba
Elektron OT A4
Arturia Minibrute
Korg EMX1 ER1 EA1
Waldorf MicroQ
Roland AJ2 MKS50
MAM MB33mkII
Yamaha TX81Z
Rephlex MeeBlipSE
Electrix WarpFactory
On a related note, while looking for a video showcasing the hihats from the Machinedrum (trying to decide if I want that, a Vermona DRM1 or a Waldorf Rack Attack ... or something else?). I found this video of someone having a very similar setup to what I'm planning on having whenever my rack ears get here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZrvne5vw7Q

And a video of him actually using this setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOqRjU2sRJQ

I'm hoping the laptop shelf (AV8) can hold, and is the right height for, my minibrute. That would make life better.
Goomba
he has a nice set up right? does yours have that lower shelf? i might want one of these too
Goomba
Elektron OT A4
Arturia Minibrute
Korg EMX1 ER1 EA1
Waldorf MicroQ
Roland AJ2 MKS50
MAM MB33mkII
Yamaha TX81Z
Rephlex MeeBlipSE
Electrix WarpFactory
sugarratz wrote:
does yours have that lower shelf? i might want one of these too

I have the 6U on bottom version. But, most of that is already spoken for (power conditioner, vocoder and MKS-50). I have 2U to play with (thinking either a chorus for the vocoder or another synth) and a rack shelf was going to be too shallow for anything fun, I think. I did get the laptop top shelf, which I'm going to put my MiniBrute on, I just hope it's stable enough for my aggressive aftertouch abuse. Thinking about getting a Machinedrum and putting it up there?

Still no sign of my rack ears. Can't really put this thing together without those. I'm a little annoyed that my roommate ordered after mine shipped and his got here first (they sent the wrong color and he ordered only one set, but, whatever).
I had the Gator one. It was fine for what it was, seemed sturdy to me, but it still involved a lot of leaning over and I have a bad back too.
Goomba
Elektron OT A4
Arturia Minibrute
Korg EMX1 ER1 EA1
Waldorf MicroQ
Roland AJ2 MKS50
MAM MB33mkII
Yamaha TX81Z
Rephlex MeeBlipSE
Electrix WarpFactory
Got my rack ears yesterday and put everything together last night. Haven't turned it on yet. Once I get some use, I'll post my review of the rack.

While moving it, I found that it's too heavy and large to carry it myself (due to back and arm injuries). My roommate lifted it fine, but remarked that it's pretty unwieldy and definitely a two person or hand truck item. It's really front heavy when closed up.
Go to top Post Reply