As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Rack For Using OT and A4 Live (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Rack For Using OT and A4 Live
Goomba
Elektron OT A4
Arturia Minibrute
Korg EMX1 ER1 EA1
Waldorf MicroQ
Roland AJ2 MKS50
MAM MB33mkII
Yamaha TX81Z
Rephlex MeeBlipSE
Electrix WarpFactory
Rack For Using OT and A4 Live 11 Years, 2 Months ago
I was thinking of getting a 10x4 rack (10 angled top and 4 front) case for using my Elektron boxes live (for easy travel).

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GRC10x4/

Throw the Analog Four and Octatrack up top with 1U rack space between and 1U at the back (for cables).

Putting a power conditioner, MKS50 and vocoder the front spaces.

I'll be running the A4 into OT Inputs AB, MKS50 into the vocoder carrier in, vocoder into OT Input C and a keyboard into OT Input D.

I'll be running a stereo pair from the OT into a mixer, a midi cable from a thru box (from OT Midi Out) to my bandmates setup and the power cable from the power conditioner.

It's got to be better than this:

Anyone have any sage advice, horror stories or general feedback on this possible setup?
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re:Rack For Using OT and A4 Live 11 Years, 2 Months ago
I've been eyeing up the SKB Mighty GigRig.

http://www.skbcases.com/music/products/proddetail.php?f=&id=217&offset=1&c=80&s=80

It has 14U of horizontal and 4U of vertical with another optional 6U at the back. I was thinking of getting a 2U sliding tray to hold all my FX boxes in the vertical rack along with a power conditioner and maybe a midi patchbay. Not cheap tho
Goomba
Elektron OT A4
Arturia Minibrute
Korg EMX1 ER1 EA1
Waldorf MicroQ
Roland AJ2 MKS50
MAM MB33mkII
Yamaha TX81Z
Rephlex MeeBlipSE
Electrix WarpFactory
Man, that GigRig looks awesome! But, $550? I ... wonder if I could pull that off?

Throw that on top of a table and be good to go. Though, I wonder about those casters? It looks like that bottom section with the casters come off?

But, $550?
Chain Chomp
According to the blurb the cover can be fitted underneath to raise the whole thing up. I think the casters lock too. Yeah, but $550..... Time to put in an eBay alert?
Hammer Bro
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
MDSPS-1UW+ MKII Doepfer DARKENERGY Darktime MKS-30 Mbase01 A&H Zed14 Ensoniq DP/4 RNC 1773
This is my rig that I use for studio and live, only drawback heavy... It may be big for your use but you should look for a rack with a slide out tray to put the OT and A4 on top section you could install a mixer and below the tray your MKS 50... Road case cost me $440 cdn and they do custom work... BTW the case is sitting on top of a chopped rack when placed on a table for live use it is perfect height none of this hunched over shit while you play... I don't know how people can perform like that...

Rig contents...

AH mixer
RNC comp
Mbase01
Darktime
Midi Solutions thrubox
MDUW
DP/4
MKS30
Darkenergy 2x

Chain Chomp
http://store.roadreadycases.com/dyn_prodlist.php?n=0&k=154310

A friend uses road ready for one of his turntables. The case and latches are solid.

I must admit I've fallen in love with the case over the years. I set everything up when we DJ.
Goomba
Elektron OT A4
Arturia Minibrute
Korg EMX1 ER1 EA1
Waldorf MicroQ
Roland AJ2 MKS50
MAM MB33mkII
Yamaha TX81Z
Rephlex MeeBlipSE
Electrix WarpFactory
Hunched over for hours? Yeah, I'd die! I have a screwed up back, so that's part of the reason I was looking for a raised up angle case so I could stand up straight and still see what I'm doing.

How sturdy are the rack trays? Like, if I were to lean on it, would I be worried about it breaking? I guess I should go over to the Guitar Center and try to break one of their display models to see! lol

No sure how much we're going to be touching the mixer. I'm doing most of my volume control from the OT and A4 and my bandmate is doing his from the MnM. But, having it up and front like that might actually get me to use it more than just "plug it in, set the level and call it good."

Those roadready cases looks legit! The 10x4 look way more sturdy than the Gator one.

I wish Sweetwater carrier that brand, so I could pull the trigger on that (and some other needed things) with their power-of-satan-ez-pay-system.
Hammer Bro
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
MDSPS-1UW+ MKII Doepfer DARKENERGY Darktime MKS-30 Mbase01 A&H Zed14 Ensoniq DP/4 RNC 1773
With the mixer you can run the individual outs of the OT and A4 for more control... Plus add out board fx box and your gold baby... With it all in a case you just plug and play...
Chain Chomp
http://www.123dj.com/cases/racks/123djthrs6u.html

Looks tasty. Don't know about the build quality tho.
after too many shows performed with a heavy back angle I'm always bringing the original boxes that the elektron gear came with to elevate, as it seems that amost every table that you get for playing live on is not the right height. Been ages since I've done a live now, but next time I'm bringing out the pro-modular two.tier enc cheeks, it only takes a minute to mount the machines in their slots, but I would not transport them fully assembled...
Go to top Post Reply