As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re:Monotribe CV Control (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Monotribe CV Control
Cappy
Re:Monotribe CV Control 11 Years, 1 Month ago
Fresh PM for your attention.
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
yep! thank you!
Goomba
Alas, I no longer need this. I was able to find a cable that works correctly for the Monotribe. If you search Ebay and look for a audio/video cable for a Nokia phone, I found this is the proper cable. I had to use some adapters for connecting it to my other synth but it works just fine.
vst
Cappy
Can someone help me out.

I have one of these, which is two stereo 3.5mm to TRRS, but I can only get one pitch on the Tribe from the A4. I'm not sure if I should only use one side of this cable with stereo or two mono's from the A4 TRS(tip and ring) I'm guessing the problem is that the cord I have won't work because it's not dual mono. Maybe the Youtube guy has this setup and that's why was using both CV outs on the A4. I wonder what I can cobble together. Hmm.

Any suggestions?
Goomba
I'm having the same problem; I wonder if it's because I'm using this adapter into cv A/B

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103713&filterName=Price&filterValue=%246.00+-+%249.99
Game & Watch
I think the problem you are having with that TRRS to 2 TRS is because on the Monotribe one of the rings is not connected, I don't know what the consequence of sending a voltage into that connector would be but I would not recommend it.

The reason I made this cable is because an off the shelf one does not exist, (even using adapters) believe me I looked.

What you need is a TRRS connector 3.5mm on Monotribe end, and TRS 6.35mm on A4 end, tip connects to tip at both ends, ring on A4 end connects to second ring on TRRS end, first ring on TRRS must be left floating/unconnected.
vst
Cappy
Your right Darenger. I'm just gonna cut the end off my cable and solder the proper lines to a TRS plug. It will only work with the A4 but thats fine with me.

Glad your taking the time to help people out with a pre-made option though.
Go to top Post Reply