As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Now OPTIMIZED for OT : Driven Machine Drums STRIKES BACK!! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Now OPTIMIZED for OT : Driven Machine Drums STRIKES BACK!!
MK7
Killer Beez
Re:Now OPTIMIZED for OT : Driven Machine Drums STRIKES BACK!! 11 Years ago
I also purchased that high-quality sample package, but I load the samples into a machinedrum. Is there any chance to get 12 bit dithering and/or some optimization for the MD or is no optimization needed and I can't do better than just load the standard 16 bit wav version into the MD (except file size)? Using this package in a sub-optimal way feels somewhat ignorant.
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
Theres no need to convert to 12 bit, the md uses 16bit samples but plays them back at 12bit, they take up the same amount of space. Just use the 16bit version (the download marked "for old school samplers"). If you need to squeeze more samples into the md you can either change the sample rate (i.e. to 22khz) or pitch up the sample so that its shorter and thus smaller file size and then pitch it back down in the md.
MK7
Killer Beez
thx for the infos wolfgang, but my question was more headed towards all that gain staging and high-quality dithering aspects Entrainer was talking about..
Goomba
Can I use the same samples that are "optimized for ot" on my electribe esx? I only downloaded that one folder and it's expired now...
Goomba
DMD M.D. Collection added to DMDSB (bundle) 10 Years, 10 Months ago
DMD M.D. Collection is now available bundled with DMDSB @
http://www.drivenmachinedrums.com

DMD M.D. adds 2,733 samples to the 2,072 contained within DMDSB, bringing the total
to 4,805. The M.D. Collection was an 8-month full time effort of synthesizing and processing the MD, "churching it up" through a collection of analog outboard processing such as vintage NOS tubes, transformers, compressors, mastering equalizers, and creative effects.

Lots of attention was placed upon making the collection 2-buss/drum-buss ready, particularly useful for samplers like the Octatrack with limited outputs. All the LPF/HPF and focusing typically done on a mixing console has already been applied (except this "console" has a signal-chain of $10,000+ per channel).

Some of the source gear/equipment list:
Elektron Machinedrum
Roland TR-909
GML 8200
Foote Control P3S
Angel Lofte Source+ Plus w/ personal vintage NOS tube selections
Atlas Pro Juggernaut Twin
AMS Neve 1081
Eventide H-8000 FW
API 5500
Valley People Dynamite
Hordijk Modular System
Mogami Cable

Check out the demo samples and folder contents @
http://www.drivenmachinedrums.com

THX-

Nathaniel
Cappy
Re:DMD M.D. Collection added to DMDSB (bundle) 10 Years, 10 Months ago
I've just bought this and I must say your not winning any prizes for simplicity on the "which bundle do I download now" front - I have a choice of about 9 links from shareit, some of which look like they may or may not contain duplicate material to eat space on my HD.

confused.com
Goomba
Well, they are all the different formats. I think I used both naming conventions and
descriptions to designate.

There's:

24/96kHz WAV (hi-res DAW/V.I.)
24/96kHz AIF (hi-res DAW/V.I.)
24/44.1kHz WAV (ideal for Octatrack)
16/44.1kHz WAV (ideal for MPC, vintage samplers)
NI Maschine (whole collection for NI Maschine)
Ableton Drum Racks (whole collection for Ableton)
FXPansion Guru KITS ONLY
FXPansion Geist KITS ONLY

In reality, the decision to split it up was to SAVE room on your HD/bandwidth and avoid
confusion when unpacking. This way, you can say "I have Octatrack and Maschine" and
just grab those two. Or you can download them all and archive on a thumbdrive/DVD, etc
for the future.
Cappy
Ok so Ableton collection is a superset of 24/96kHz WAV (hi-res DAW/V.I.) - it just adds the adg's etc right? I dont need both downloads.

Octatrack is a smaller download and contains the optimised wavs for the device.

Geist kits etc are separate.

So I need the Ableton collection, Octatrack pack and Geist Kits pack, and I can use the samples from the Ableton pack in e.g. Logic or Audiomulch with equivalent quality/performance.

less confused.com
Goomba
Yes, correct. Thanks much!

I guess I bundled the entire collection with Ableton + Maschine because I didn't want people accidentally missing the complete collection just grabbing the kits or drum racks.
Cappy
Great sounds - I salute you sir.
Go to top Post Reply