As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Buy - Sell - Trade (FS in EU) Spectralis 2 (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: (FS in EU) Spectralis 2
Re:(FS in EU) Spectralis 2 11 Years, 1 Month ago
cgb wrote:
i rather release less tracks but made with good sounding gear like the spectralis than
use inferior crap because " We are just massively under the gun with multiple projects. It's all about efficiency and speed right now!!"

out of this spirit comes most music nowadays and you can hear the bad intention from the first note in most cases.

people, buy the spectralis from them, it is the best sounding , most oganic , supa dupa fattest drum machine besides 909 and 808. it smokes md and jomox for breakfast.

and it makes wonderful random variations of patterns you would never had dreamed of.
and it has addtionally one fatass synth with analog filter and 3 fantastic sounding digital synths. and it is one freaky good sequencer. and...

it is a machine for music lovers....

Did you give their music a listen? Pretty fucking good.

Nice specie on this one:
https://soundcloud.com/kamasutralovers/cant-control-live-machine-mix
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
I need some of those knobs for my XT ! The guy I bought it from put cheapos on it for a (better grip) pfft.
Chain Chomp
http://venndiagram.ca
Maschine
Monomachine SFX60+ Mk II
Machine SPS1-UW
Analog Four
Octoatrack
Nord Modular G1
Evolver
Korg Z1
Spectralis 2
siddhu wrote:
cgb wrote:
i rather release less tracks but made with good sounding gear like the spectralis than
use inferior crap because " We are just massively under the gun with multiple projects. It's all about efficiency and speed right now!!"

out of this spirit comes most music nowadays and you can hear the bad intention from the first note in most cases.

people, buy the spectralis from them, it is the best sounding , most oganic , supa dupa fattest drum machine besides 909 and 808. it smokes md and jomox for breakfast.

and it makes wonderful random variations of patterns you would never had dreamed of.
and it has addtionally one fatass synth with analog filter and 3 fantastic sounding digital synths. and it is one freaky good sequencer. and...

Sorry but I don't think that the Elektrons running through Chandler TG1s and Elysia EQs are inferior to the Spectralis.

We can't work nearly as fast on the Spectralis as we can on the Elektrons SO don't put words in my mouth as if I'm sacrificing quality for speed.

We'd rather have fun actually programming beats and sound designing than struggling with a half written cryptic manual trying to figure out what we want to do.

When we got the Spectralis we had a lot more "free time" and had a lot less time sensitive work on our plate (not directly music related) so a "speedy" workflow was less important.

OVER and OUT.

It is a machine that needs to be used constantly so I can see where you're coming from on that front. It really isn't the sort of kit you can shelve for 5 months and come back to and have it feel like you're riding a bicycle for the first time in 10 years all over again - which is kind of something you never forget once learned. The Speckie takes a lot of dedication and patience to learn and constant use to feel comfortable with.
StinkyBeat wrote:
cgb wrote:

Did you give their music a listen? Pretty fucking good.

Nice specie on this one:
https://soundcloud.com/kamasutralovers/cant-control-live-machine-mix

Thanks for the props! You can really hear the Speckie on our track "Metal Dragon"

find it at http://Soundcloud.com/KamaSutraLovers
Bump!
PM sent!!!
Bump
Re:(FS in EU) Spectralis 2 11 Years ago