As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs Machinedrum Science Lab #01: PI (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Machinedrum Science Lab #01: PI
Admin
Re: Machinedrum Science Lab #01: PI 16 Years, 5 Months ago
i forgot to vote! I demand a recount!

I had a great time listening to the entries -- very inspiring to hear how others tweak and use the md!

N
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Haha cheers, glad you liked my entries, I loved all of yours. It's always a mindblast to see how other people use the MD in ways you'd never think of using.
Hah. Forgot to vote too.
I just realized how silly voting is when so few people actually vote.

I don't want to imply anything, but how many voted for their own song? Hah! I wish we had a better turn out for all the labs. You're telling me that a site with such a large user base can only muster a few entries in a song contest and even fewer voters? It's just weird, that's all.
Still, I'll continue to participate because it fosters creativity in the communmity. Go us!
Admin
yo if you two really want to cast your votes, i can open till late sunday. dodoheads :-D
Game & Watch
Well, I've never participated in any labs before, but I am looking forward to doing so in the future, so don't give it up.

It seems like a great way to learn more about the gear. Limitations always foster creativity. I'm especially looking forward to diving deeper into the MnM abyss as it is still new to me.

You guys can't laugh at my entries though. :-D
Admin
Ingrid: I'm honoured! :-D

Glitched: Thanks! Nobody voted for Roodbwoy though I'm thinking of reworking the basic pattern into a track. I liked your entries as well, you got two votes from me (UW and MnM). Your MnM entry is on my iPod

I agree that it's strange there were so few votes. Maybe we should dismiss voting altogether, it's kind of pointless as it is. Also, I think the contest element might put some people off? Anyway I don't think any of us who particiapted now are in it to win. Or?

N
Admin
...or maybe we should change the voting system, so that everyone gets to vote for three (or 4 or 5?) entries. And maybe those votes could be graded; 3 points for the best, 2 for the second, 1 for the third...

I'm glad the votes were spread over several entries this time. In the "Yahoo days" one or two entries would often get all the votes, and several really excellent entries got zero votes. It's really off-putting when some pieces with more subtle qualities get zero votes. A Eurovision song contest system would cure this! :-D

N
Game & Watch

I agree that it's strange there were so few votes. Maybe we should dismiss voting altogether, it's kind of pointless as it is. Also, I think the contest element might put some people off? Anyway I don't think any of us who particiapted now are in it to win. Or?

N

As someone who never wins the voting... I'd say keep it. It makes me try harder the next time. I'm a bit lazy. Without voting, it is just a bunch of songs people most likely won't bother listening too. Voting forces you to listen and choose.
Admin
The poll is closed! I agree it was odd there weren't more votes but it's time to move on to the next Labs. I want to congratulate Daswesen & Kas on tying for the win. I also want to thank everyone who submitted to this round of Science Labs.

I think this round of the Labs may have had the strongest entries we've seen to date, or at least in a long while. Congrats to you all...the next Labs will be posted next week.

/a

ps. I think next time I'll add a sticky to the other Forum categories encouraging more folks to vote. and really, you're all winners in book! corny i know, but for real, everyone's entries we're real strong. i really had a hard time picking one track i really like cause there we're so many good, and more importantly diverse entries. cheers to everyone! :-D

Glitched: Thanks! Nobody voted for Roodbwoy though I'm thinking of reworking the basic pattern into a track. I liked your entries as well, you got two votes from me (UW and MnM). Your MnM entry is on my iPod

N

Thanks, Nils! I would have voted for yours but the polls closed before I got to it. Next time.

ps. I think next time I'll add a sticky to the other Forum categories encouraging more folks to vote. and really, you're all winners in book!

Yes, this way it's in your face.
I remember the "Yahoo! days" too, when I was a big part of the Korg MS2000 group. We had several song contests and regularly got 30+ votes. I remember winning a couple of those! (That was a fun machine, but too "fake" sounding for me.)
Go to top Post Reply