As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs UW Science Lab #03 (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: UW Science Lab #03
Admin
UW Science Lab #03 16 Years, 7 Months ago
Science Lab #03's sample pack is up and ready for the mangling. You can grab it HERE, or by visiting Downloads/Science Labs/Science Lab #03.

03 Lab rules: Use and of the provided samples, use only 1 pattern, you can use song mode, and no overdubbing or postproduction. Entries should at least 1 min. long. Post your Sysex file and a MP3 upon submission here (just click Upload): Downloads/Science Labs/Science Lab #03.

Lab closes on September 23rd. Good luck and mangle away!

/actuel
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
Re: UW Science Lab #03 16 Years, 7 Months ago
a little hint on the sample pack, some of the files were edited short but can be looped. when you load the sample pack via C6, you can set these files to loop:

blip_01
synth_04
synth_05

/actuel
Admin
I've fixed the sample pack. Sample "synth_05" was accidently saved as a 32bit file. I've corrected this error and now all 16 samples will load fine your UW. Enjoy!
How about editing? Is that allowed? For instance, let's say I go on a 24-minute excursion and decide that only 16 seconds were any good (which is very possible). Can I just snip out that 16 seconds?
Admin

glitched wrote:
How about editing? Is that allowed? For instance, let's say I go on a 24-minute excursion and decide that only 16 seconds were any good (which is very possible). Can I just snip out that 16 seconds?

Sorry Glitched but this isn't allowed...for now. Part of the Science Lab is that you upload your Sysex file w/ all your patterns & song mode.

I can understand your interest in working this way, as some of the best work I've done in the Elektron gear has been improvised. I just suggest copying and pasting those patterns as you're working so you can build on them later.

In the future we may open certain Labs up for improvised recording/edits.

thx
actuel
One more question: is use of the RAM machines allowed?
Admin

glitched wrote:
One more question: is use of the RAM machines allowed?

Yes. Go UW crazy...then post your sysex & mp3. Most importantly have fun.

/a
Re: UW Science Lab #03 16 Years, 6 Months ago
Hi, I have uploaded my mduw submission: "exploding stars in slow motion". Lots of tweaking, including plotting of trigs, plocks, etc., but still only one pattern. Sysex is up there, too.

Check the description for more.
http://www.elektron-users.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=165&lid=718

Syx:
http://www.elektron-users.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=165&lid=720
Admin
wow, totally rad man. really loving it around 1:40+...tops man. i love making these sample sets and hearing you guys mutilate.

proper man.

/a
Admin
Six, I say, Six days left to enter into this months Science Lab. POST UP!
Go to top Post Reply