As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Autechre EXAI (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Autechre EXAI
Re:Autechre EXAI 11 Years, 3 Months ago
It's a great album. I think along with Quaristice & Oversteps they've really hit hit form again. Much better since they stopped mucking about with all that generative / algo based stuff.

There's a lot of funk buried in Exai.
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Curious about the "lyrics" of vekoS
Goomba
I'm very much liking their latest offering. Minimal but at the same time seems to feel so much space.

I'm hearing more of their hip hop roots coming out again, albeit in very abstract terms at times.
Chain Chomp
ignatius wrote:
Vader77 wrote:
void wrote:
am i fooling myself thinking that there's A4 sound all over it?
i think you are but i can certainly hear lots of MnM and MD

the record was announced before the A4 was released or around the same time. i doubt there's any A4 on it unless they got one long long before it was officially released.. plus.. the record had to have been in the can and done long ago to have the vinyl ready in time to ship for March 4th.

yea i'm kind of fantasising how they, as avid Elektron users, might have been involved in the development process of the A4 by some kind of creative exchange.. Elektron must have been working on this machine for a while, and probably spent the last year or so on finishing touches... don't take this thought too seriously though haha.

however, if i'm not mistaken the MDUW is used extensively on Untilted which came out in April 2005, the same year the MDUW was released, so i don't really know if it's that far fetched..
void wrote:
ignatius wrote:
Vader77 wrote:
void wrote:
am i fooling myself thinking that there's A4 sound all over it?
i think you are but i can certainly hear lots of MnM and MD

the record was announced before the A4 was released or around the same time. i doubt there's any A4 on it unless they got one long long before it was officially released.. plus.. the record had to have been in the can and done long ago to have the vinyl ready in time to ship for March 4th.

yea i'm kind of fantasising how they, as avid Elektron users, might have been involved in the development process of the A4 by some kind of creative exchange.. Elektron must have been working on this machine for a while, and probably spent the last year or so on finishing touches... don't take this thought too seriously though haha.

however, if i'm not mistaken the MDUW is used extensively on Untilted which came out in April 2005, the same year the MDUW was released, so i don't really know if it's that far fetched..

is it the UW or just the regular MD? i think the releases after untilted have more UW type stuff happening.. untilted seems more pure synthesis than sampling other than one or two tracks.

also, lot's of UntilTed is monomachine as well.

but who knows.. perhaps they got an early version or upgrade to the MD before everyone else. i didn't think elektron was doing any kind of endorsements back then.
Cappy
irlite (get 0) - second half, the stabs... *tschank! tschaaank!*

shivers =)

i can understand folks not getting them for the lack of warmth.
but one has still to admire their craftsmanship, and further,
how they developed & expanded the borders of their music
more and more into the abstract.

Confield is for me personally still the pinnacle of abstract electronica,
unmatched, though more than 10 years old now.
xmit wrote:

There's a lot of funk buried in Exai.

That's why I think this is such a great album. A lot of variety, too.
Re:Autechre EXAI 11 Years, 2 Months ago
I need my baby to fall asleep so I can listen to this!!!!!! aaaarrgghhh
For all Ae-heads out there: The two 10-hr webcasts are very much recommended! Seek them out!
Chain Chomp
encym wrote:
For all Ae-heads out there: The two 10-hr webcasts are very much recommended! Seek them out!

I downloaded them, really nice mix to play while we paint our new house next weekend! 10 hours of painting on saturday, and with a new mix another 10 hours on sunday..

..I received the vinyl last week, it is beautiful packaged in it's minimalism and I enjoyed most of the work.. there's a lot that will or will not grow on me.
Go to top Post Reply