As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear LAST CHANCE elektron frame eit-1 anodized black limited run (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: LAST CHANCE elektron frame eit-1 anodized black limited run
King Koopa
Re:LAST CHANCE elektron frame eit-1 anodized black limited run 11 Years ago
I will post a picture of the second stand (empty) later when I get home from work.
  The topic has been locked.
JES
King Koopa
Re:LAST CHANCE elektron frame eit-1 anodized black limited run 10 Years, 12 Months ago
Looking at the pics, I can't tell--are there holes for the vents on the A4? If not, how do you keep it cool?
King Koopa
Re:LAST CHANCE elektron frame eit-1 anodized black limited run 10 Years, 12 Months ago
The sides do not have vent holes, but elektron has said themselves that if its elevated the bottom vent plate is sufficient. You can also put small washers between the stand and a4 to create a gap.
JES
King Koopa
Thanks!
Game & Watch
also, and i am guessing here, the eit-1 truss frames are conducting heat away from the Elektron devices at any point where metal touches metal, due to the conductivity of the metals.

okay.

i'm sold on the idea of buying

tell me ... fave? anodised? or shiny fresh silver?

what is the texture like?

any buttons a hassle to reach?

tell me all the awesome things about the frames.
what kind of sound do they make when doing live recording with the elektron gear /..
is there a minimal clicking or tapping or rocking?

does the metal feel cold to the touch?
King Koopa
previewlounge wrote:
also, and i am guessing here, the eit-1 truss frames are conducting heat away from the Elektron devices at any point where metal touches metal, due to the conductivity of the metals.

okay.

i'm sold on the idea of buying

tell me ... fave? anodised? or shiny fresh silver?

what is the texture like?

any buttons a hassle to reach?

tell me all the awesome things about the frames.
what kind of sound do they make when doing live recording with the elektron gear /..
is there a minimal clicking or tapping or rocking?

does the metal feel cold to the touch?

I'm an old goth guy, so black is my thing. The silver looks just as good though, and would look amazing with md and MnM.

The texture is very smooth to the touch. Slightly flatter on the black, but still very smooth.

The buttons are very accessible, but with the a4 on top I'm finding I have to adjust the way I "play" the mini keys, but that is to be expected. Its more of a poking playing rather than restong your palm and playing like a keyboard. As far as punching in trigs and anything else, the angle is great. I wish the bottom one had a steeper angle, but its not a deal breaker as I hover over my gear anyway.

The best part is that they feel very rugged. I honestly feel like I could throw it at a wall while folded up and my gear would be safe. The ease of collapsing and just grabbing the handle is very nice. When opened, the handle locks into place to prevent any movement. There is no audible sound when moving them, as they are very rock solid. No rocking as long as the playing surface is fair. The stand has a slight amount of give if you loosen the screws, which will adapt to slightly skewed surfaces. This also makes for the ability to add spacers between the gear if you are worried about venting.

The metal adapts well to room temperature, but I do believe you are correct in assuming the metal will conduct some of the heat. That said, I covered my a4 edges with tape to prevent paint damage, as we all know is very prevalent with the a4. I did still cut vent holes however in the tape.

All this said, after talking to Watson over the last few days, I'm not sure when he will be making more. He has a bit of other stuff planned, and with e stress of this last run, it shows it is weighing on him. I believe he will be making limited runs for stock rather than any preorder stuff. As far as I know, they are all sold. I only got 2 because somebody canceled their order last week, and I was lucky enough to jump on it. For the second stand I plan to put the MDUW on the bottom and then fashion a backing for the top that I can affix my eventide space, and perhaps 1 other pedal..... Or I'll buy a MnM.
Game & Watch
"hover" is such a cool descriptive word for working with Elektrons.

cheers for the various descriptions,
i read every word closely with great interest

yes, i currently enjoy OT/MD combination, so black or silver eit-1 would be completely awesome. maybe i should email Watson and request some kind of email notification dealio.

i do have a universal spacetek stand, so no worries if not possible.
currently placing the OT on the spacetek..
realised it is possible to purchase a "double arm" and another 'universal' platter, and thus be able to have both OT and MD elevated at *exactly* the same height, with adjustable angles of presentation.

i just feel the eit-1 would be awesome for gigs.
and love the nature of the construction, it is truly a thing of beauty.
King Koopa
http://www.flickr.com/photos/95872324@N03/sets/72157633532302535/

As requested, here are a couple pics of the stand without anything in it.

This is perfect for live gig, especially with the pelican 1550 case. My parter in audio damage (RESET on here) recently realized that if you set the stand on the case, the case actually has grooves that sort of "lock" the corners into place. This way you get a small riser, but the stand corners are very secure and it doesn't side around. Very good combo.
Cappy
Analog Four
Korg X5D
Moog Rogue
Roland V-Synth
TB-303
TR-909
x0xb0x
Rm1x
Ihatederekreed wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/95872324@N03/sets/72157633532302535/

As requested, here are a couple pics of the stand without anything in it.

Thanks m8... Much appreciated... I Like that a lot!

JES wrote:
Looking at the pics, I can't tell--are there holes for the vents on the A4? If not, how do you keep it cool?

This was/is a concern for me as well... Only applicable to the A4 of course.

I guess one could drill holes in the end plates but then that wouldn't look that great on a black anodized finish... Can't see how placing washers would help much.

Since this IS an aluminum stand, it COULD act as a heatsink which MAY even cool the A4 more efficiently. However, to act as a good heatsink, the A4 would need to make "good/solid" contact with the aluminum frame.Thinking along the lines of thermal paste/sheets used between a cpu & its heatsink or an output transistor & its heatsink.

Sorry for the ramblings... Just thinking out loud....
Cappy
www.soundcloud.com/nikarga
Access Virus Ti Polar | Jazzmutant Lemur | Apollo UAD Quad | MPC 5000 | Mac Pro 2x3.2 Quad | Octatrack | Machinedrum UW
wheres Mr Watson ??

I want one, have emailed but no response thus far. Does anyone know if they are still in production? I'd love to get my hands on one for my MD & OT
Go to top Post Reply