As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Analog Four warm up time (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Analog Four warm up time
Cappy
Re:Analog Four warm up time 11 Years, 3 Months ago
SeanPrice wrote:
I have been making kicks with the filter as well, but if I try to lock another sound on the same track, the kick is very unstable. Some times it works fine, but others the kick will drop in volume and then slowly swell back to its correct volume after a few trigs. Hope they are able to fix this bug. It means I have to dedicate a track to kick drum duty and nothing else. The kicks you can make with this thing are amazing tho.

Well at least it's not just mine doing this. Parameter Locks is useless for drum tracks on my. Not such a big deal but I was just trying to do a drum scratch track to play to until I got back to my Tempest. No bueno. Anything official on this?
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
SeanPrice wrote:
I have been making kicks with the filter as well, but if I try to lock another sound on the same track, the kick is very unstable. Some times it works fine, but others the kick will drop in volume and then slowly swell back to its correct volume after a few trigs. Hope they are able to fix this bug. It means I have to dedicate a track to kick drum duty and nothing else. The kicks you can make with this thing are amazing tho.

same experience here...a shame since it can make great drum sounds...I`d hope it has a sine wave in the oscillators too
Chain Chomp
mistakem wrote:
vst wrote:
Ok, so I've noticed that this is not a 'warm-up' issue per se, it's something else with the filter circuit.

Even if the box has been on for hours, if you mute the filter based kick for a short while, when you un-mute it the volume of the kick slowly comes back. It's as if the filter has to re-saturate for lack of a better term. Kind of unfortunate when trying to drop that big bass drum.

I think you are right... I'm just sampling kicks and dealing with them on the Octatrack now, problem solved

A4 kicks are really nice...
Yeah, I'm sampling too. Doing the sample chain thing.

Are you all using the neighbor oscillator option for your kicks? You can get some really incredible stuff that way.
Cappy
SeanPrice wrote:

This is something I've noticed as well - I assumed there was something about the machine I didn't quite understand yet, as it's my first Elektron box. I was sound-locking a different sound for the snare on a track that I had already sequenced a kick on, and finding that it made my kick "muted" - but if I stopped the track and played the mini keyboard I could hear the kick "fade back in" over the course of about 10-15 re-triggers. What's weird is that it doesn't sound like the self-oscillation of the filter needing to "catch up," as I can hear the full normal kick at the right pitch and character...just very quietly as it fades in. Hmm...
Cappy
Probably more gear than I need...
I've been having this exact same issue with kick sounds too. They are very unstable, they don't trig reliably, and it seems when I stop/start playback they fade in over time. Lets hope this is a software bug that can be sorted out and not a hardware problem.
King Koopa
www.soundcloud.ch/opuswerk
www.opuswerk.ch

Kit:
MD MKII UW
Vermona MonoLancet
Vermona Retroverb MKI
uWave XT
MKS70
Strymon El Capistan
NI Maschine
Same issue, or let down here. Was kind of surprising, but i guess it takes some time before the filter self oscillates? What makes it do so?
Chain Chomp
I wonder if they are controlling the resonance volume when switching? Hopefully they can fix this is software. You can calibrate in one of the menus so I'm assuming they are tuning in software. Maybe it retunes/partially recalibrates between sounds?

How do you load a different sound on a trig again?

My 9090 clone kick changes character over time as well.
Cappy
udenjoe wrote:
IHow do you load a different sound on a trig again?

Hold step button and turn "part level" knob to bring up a list of the patches.
Goomba
Re:Analog Four warm up time 10 Years, 8 Months ago
MuzikB wrote:
Ok, I actually timed it. It takes roughly 3 minutes for my Analog Four's filter to warm up.

Now that's definitely a VCF.

Same. But the strange part is that sometimes when I save a sound (that doesn't use effects) and load it into a different track it ends up sounding different. It puzzles me big time.... Not a worry if I resample in Octatrack, but for live performance it's a worry.
Cappy
Re:Analog Four warm up time 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Known issue since day one. VCF's don't really "warm up" like VCO's and that's not what's going on here.
Go to top Post Reply