As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Analog Four warm up time (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Analog Four warm up time
Goomba
Analog Four warm up time 11 Years, 3 Months ago
I just go this bad boy a few days ago, wiped the memory and started making my own sounds. In doing so, the Kick drums that I create are from self oscillating the filter.

I find that after I have the unit off for some time and start it up again, my kick drums are not as loud. Given some time, just letting the unit sit and warm up, they then reach the level I set them at.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I haven't found a suggested warm up time in the manual.
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re:Analog Four warm up time 11 Years, 3 Months ago
10/15 minutes is good for my analog stuff
Goomba
Thanks. The SlimPhatty I used to own took 10-15 minutes as well but the Mopho Keyboard doesn't need any warm up time.
Goomba
Ok, I actually timed it. It takes roughly 3 minutes for my Analog Four's filter to warm up.

Now that's definitely a VCF.
definately some warm-up time on mine too, did some filtering work with the MD going through the A4 yesterday, and noticed that things did sound a bit different when I came back from the store after the unit had ben switched off for half an hour or so.
Also noticed when using the A4 on my lap it got very hot, much more so than the MD
Chain Chomp
Have also noticed this! Was wondering what was going on, would create a track with a filter kick drum, restart the unit and it as really quiet... This explains it.
vst
Cappy
Noticied this too with the same type of kickdrum. I thought I fixed it by retweaking the envelope but now I'm thinking it must be the warm up. Thanks OP.
vst
Cappy
Ok, so I've noticed that this is not a 'warm-up' issue per se, it's something else with the filter circuit.

Even if the box has been on for hours, if you mute the filter based kick for a short while, when you un-mute it the volume of the kick slowly comes back. It's as if the filter has to re-saturate for lack of a better term. Kind of unfortunate when trying to drop that big bass drum.
Cappy
I have been making kicks with the filter as well, but if I try to lock another sound on the same track, the kick is very unstable. Some times it works fine, but others the kick will drop in volume and then slowly swell back to its correct volume after a few trigs. Hope they are able to fix this bug. It means I have to dedicate a track to kick drum duty and nothing else. The kicks you can make with this thing are amazing tho.
Chain Chomp
vst wrote:
Ok, so I've noticed that this is not a 'warm-up' issue per se, it's something else with the filter circuit.

Even if the box has been on for hours, if you mute the filter based kick for a short while, when you un-mute it the volume of the kick slowly comes back. It's as if the filter has to re-saturate for lack of a better term. Kind of unfortunate when trying to drop that big bass drum.

I think you are right... I'm just sampling kicks and dealing with them on the Octatrack now, problem solved

A4 kicks are really nice...
Go to top Post Reply