As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Macbeth Micromac has landed (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Macbeth Micromac has landed
Game & Watch
Re:Macbeth Micromac has landed 10 Years, 10 Months ago
anselmi wrote:
polyslax wrote:
Cheers guys!

Would you believe I totally forgot that I needed to get a power adapter? Just shoot me!

Finding an AC to AC adapter proved impossible where I live... lots of blank stares. I've actually had to order from the States, so it'll be a few more days before the Mac starts making noise.

omg! what a torture!
this is like having your battery-driven christmas toys and no batteries!

Exactly!

It's cruel beyond belief... staring at this silent beauty...
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
http://venndiagram.ca
Maschine
Monomachine SFX60+ Mk II
Machine SPS1-UW
Analog Four
Octoatrack
Nord Modular G1
Evolver
Korg Z1
Spectralis 2
polyslax wrote:
Cheers guys!

Would you believe I totally forgot that I needed to get a power adapter? Just shoot me!

Finding an AC to AC adapter proved impossible where I live... lots of blank stares. I've actually had to order from the States, so it'll be a few more days before the Mac starts making noise.

You have to be shitting me
Oh dear lord I feel your pain Polyslax.
Put up some demos when you get the chance. My budget could stretch pass a Sub Phatty (currently beta testing the editor (Standalone and AU) for it which helps with all the under the hood stuff but so far it's been a wonderful experience.
Game & Watch
All good now... received my order yesterday, ordered 2 adapters just in case.

Recorded some first impressions last night, don't think anyone wants to hear a ton of random noodling though. I may try and cut it into some sensible sound bites.

Definitely tends toward smooth, rather than raw, but you can get some very warm, thick mod going on as well, pretty versatile. Filter res gets pretty whistle-y at high settings, and you can play the res over small range. Nice to have the sines on board.
Game & Watch
polyslax wrote:
Definitely tends toward smooth, rather than raw

I expected this...I think the most expensive analog synths of today are in this side of the sounds...It´s easier and cheaper to make a synth with an average sound and throw a distortion/feedback control to make it growls...people goes "wow" with this kind of stuff, but when you compare them with a more expensive analog synth like the micromac, prefourmer or SEM you inmediatly hear the difference...

I like the minibrute but when I play it side by side with the perfourmer it´s like comparing silk with pantasote or something....

Anyway we´re all kinda contaminated with so much distorted synth sounds today that although you can identify the difference, you have to train your ears to hear and enjoy the delicate details on a premium analog synth

I´m surprised the filter got a little self-oscillaton range...it´s the same in the perfourmer and minibrute...It seems that today´s analog are less propense to whistle...a shame...
Definitely tends toward smooth, rather than raw

^

totally agree. But....just recently I've tried cranking all the OSC levels up full & really hitting the filter hard. wow. gnarly as. Another nice trick is mixing some noise in to an osc ....lovely. like 'smooth distortion.'
Game & Watch
Re:Macbeth Micromac has landed 10 Years, 9 Months ago
I've put up some simple sounds from my first explorations of the Micromac-D.

Here are some unprocessed sounds from the first session:

http://soundcloud.com/infomartian/sets/micromac-d

And next... My second discovery session with the Micromac. Alternates between simple themes and random ideas as I search the knobs and switches for goodness... not hard to find in this box. The micromac is processed with a Strymon timeline as a send effect and there's cv from an MF-102 hitting the VCO 2 pwm. Minimal eq was used on the Micromac, mainly to roll off under 30Hz.

I've added some drums and rhodes in parts to fill it out a bit.

Given the length and the lack of direction, this is really only suitable for synth nerds curious about the Micromac. If that's you, enjoy!

http://soundcloud.com/infomartian/micromac-discovery-2
Chain Chomp
Cool thanks for sharing. Liked the second part best, that strymon sounds awesome too!
Game & Watch
Cheers, yeah the first set is just some very raw sounds while parts of the second session are a bit more track like.

Yes, love the Timeline on just about anything... should mention there are reverb returns on here as well, one Altiverb and the other Valhalla Vintage Verb.
Game & Watch
great demos! love them! the second one got serious musical ideas that you should continue beyond it!
Game & Watch
Thanks a bunch Anselmi... glad you enjoyed... now, when are you getting one?
Go to top Post Reply