As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Macbeth Micromac has landed (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Macbeth Micromac has landed
Cappy
Macbeth Micromac has landed 11 Years, 4 Months ago
After over 1 year of development and a number of design changes along the way i finally collected my Macbeth Micromac desktop synth today.
This is a little box with a massive sound.....

3 Analogue oscillators plus pink noise, moog type ladder filter and and a multitude of patching options, this thing is capable of some serious noise making !
Early impression of this thing is that the bottom end goes loooowwwww !!

Going to run this through an Octatrack input and make use of the delay and reverb and also sample loops on the fly.

When i get some time i'll upload a couple of youtube vids for this one.
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
MDSPS-1UW+ MKII Doepfer DARKENERGY Darktime MKS-30 Mbase01 A&H Zed14 Ensoniq DP/4 RNC 1773
Re:Macbeth Micromac has landed 11 Years, 4 Months ago
Nice addition from the vids I was quite impressed with the sound... I am sure it sounds even better in the flesh...
Cappy
Even better in the flesh,
Especially when you patch a dark energy into it = 4 Osc !!!
awaiting completion & shipping details from Ken... yours must have been one of the first 7....mine is one of the other 23 !!
Cappy
Unit number 001..
Went and collected it from him yesterday !

The other 6 are there and gettinf sent later this week once he has done the manual and gets the PSU's.

The next lot wont be far behind those.
Game & Watch
That's a badass synth. One of the thickest (no, I don't have a lisp) sounding synths I've heard. If I do another hardware synth it'll be this, or the S1, or both.
Hammer Bro
www.soundcloud.com/highsage
Detroit Techno, from Vinyl to Live Performances and everything in between. Elektron Fanatic.
I'm waiting for mine too... I used to have M3X SN#001 as well before my divorce...miss that macbeth sound... moog and beyond, and a joy to PLAY too! Congrats! Can't wait to hear what you do with it!
Game & Watch
congrats! it´s in my wishlist for sure! just need somebody that could bring it to me!

I´ll be waiting for your video!

polyslax wrote:
That's a badass synth. One of the thickest (no, I don't have a lisp) sounding synths I've heard. If I do another hardware synth it'll be this, or the S1, or both.

micromac + S1 seems to be the most badass monosynth combo ever

get both!
Cappy
Been playing around tonight trying to sequence the oscillators individually using the Urzwerg and transpose via midi keys. Cant seem to get it working correctly, need to work on it a bit.

One thing is for sure, this thing is FAT, and the moog type filter is incredible.

The unit itself is a bit lighter than i imagined it would be but thats not a bad thing if you intend to be transporting it anywhere. Its a good size for a backpack.
Game & Watch
framework wrote:
One thing is for sure, this thing is FAT, and the moog type filter is incredible

how close to a real vintage mini is it?
I´m looking for a mini-style sound with none of the old technology issues and more up to day and versatile feature set
Go to top Post Reply