As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear A4 Feature Requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: A4 Feature Requests
Re:A4 Feature Requests 11 Years, 3 Months ago
Rusty wrote:
- A4 to be able to send/receive program change / pattern change messages. (This really should already be in there)

Edit: A few hours only so far; so I may not know how to do one/some of the above

i've noticed this is missing too. unless i'm looking in the wrong place. no mention in the manual, though... can't imagine that this *won't* be in a near-future OS update, though. it's a must!
  The topic has been locked.
As for naming patterns, why don't you just save a kit with each pattern? The kits have names that show up when you load the pattern.

I just sent in a request asking to have the [performance page copy] copy the performance settings, not just the current value of the performance page knobs, which isn't that useful if you think about it. It's currently a pain copying or setting up performance page on each pattern once you have something you want to work with for all of them.
Cappy
Omsk411 wrote:
Sound Edit Mode

Sound Locks are SO AWESOME and quite essential on a synth like this so I'm very happy they are available. To really put them to use, though, I would like to be able to edit a Locked Sound in real-time. Here's what I propose:

In the Sound menu (FUNCTION + SOUND), a new option is added named "Edit Sound". Upon selecting this option, the normal sound browser interface would appear. You then select a sound as usual--in this case, it would be a sound that is currently used in the pattern via a Sound Lock--and press Enter. This would then enable Sound Edit mode.

The A4 would first take the parameters of the saved Sound and copy them into a backup buffer. It would then turn off all of the Track Select buttons on the right to indicate that you're editing a saved Sound instead of one of the Track Sounds.

Now, when you press any of the Sound Parameters buttons (OSC thru LFO) and make changes, those changes would be written immediately into the memory location of the selected Sound--this would result in hearing the changes immediately the next time the sound is triggered in the pattern--this would allow you to hear your edits in real-time and in context with the rest of the pattern.

Once you have made edits, you have two options: Press YES/SAVE if you wish to keep the new sound (at which point the A4 would simply discard the data in the backup buffer) or press NO/RELOAD to discard the changes (at which point the A4 copies the contents of the backup buffer back into the Sound location, reverting it to its original settings).

If there is not enough available memory on the A4 to create a backup buffer, I still think it would be OK if the edits you made were destructive. There's no undo (that I'm aware of) when editing a Track Sound, so being able to revert changes on a Sound Edit would only be a bonus but not mandatory.

This would rule.

Also it would be good if, when you are in the process of locking a sound to a trig and still have your finger on the trig, the mini keyboard would play the sound that is highlighted in the lock menu instead of the track's sound. This would allow you to audition the sound.
Killer Beez
Double tap Perf button to go directly to the setup for the last touched macro knob please.
Goomba
OT, A4, MD
definitely, and infinite scroll so you can scroll from program 1 straight to 128.
Goomba
OT, A4, MD
--Envelope follower for audio input (if possible)

--infinite scroll

--quick 'save as' (appends copy or a number next to the named program)

--change the ratio for control knob rotation or make customizable.
I find the normal rotation too low a ratio and the push rotation too fast. For example filter cutoff is way too slow to sweep from low to high and too quick in push rotation mode

--make mute track work even if the release on the the amp is infinite, or a quick bypass mode as I use the A4 within an effect chain.
snapshots for patterns. i'd happily sacrifice some sound/kit slots for a handful of snapshots, a-la the +drive.
an3
Goomba
- contrast / brightness for display

- knob sensitivity

- stereo in out macro for external filtering
an3
Goomba
.. also for filtering external signals:

- a dry wet parameter
- serial / parallel settings for the 2lowpass and multimode filter
Chain Chomp
When in the sound menu and loading a new sound to a track, I would like to be able to mute/hear other tracks if I chose to, to hear my new sound in the mix. Also would like to be able to enter trigs while in the sound menu, I know you can play the sound with the keyboard in the sound menu but would also like the option to enter trigs.

Also in Sound mode, If you can select the other tracks, you can edit the other tracks sounds if needed without having to exit the sound menu, choose track then go back to sound menu.
Go to top Post Reply